- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 28 september 2022
Energetic, multilingual human rights professional with experience in stakeholder management and community outreach for mission-oriented organizations. Expertise in legal counselling and strong advocacy networks, targeting diverse and underserved communities. Strong knowledge in migration issues, human rights advocacy, international relations and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). High level of performance in relationship-building, decision-making, reporting & monitoring and intercultural communication. Result-oriented, seeking opportunities with an international component and a societal influence, eager to learn and develop.
LLM Internationaal en Europees Recht, specialisatie: human rights.
Scriptie: De (on)mogelijkheden van internationaal verkeer van
studentgegevens volgens huidige en toekomstige normen
LLB Internationaal en Europees Recht
Scriptie: freedom of expression vs. freedom of religion.
Minor: erasmus exchange bij University of East Anglia, Norwich, Engeland, met vakken: human rights law, discrimination law, common law & intellectual property law.
• Responsible for initiating, litigating and negotiating cases for clients, monitoring and evaluation.
• Specialization in LGBTI cases, knowledgeable about human rights situation in Africa, Middle-East.
• Establish working level cooperation with relevant government ministries and State Institutions to assist in strengthening their capacity for protection and promotion of human rights for asylum seekers.
• Complete documentation and reports on a monthly and quarterly basis to ensure eligibility, funding, and compliance with state and agency policy, writing annual reports and fundraising proposals.
• Realizing legal stay for clients through preparation and support in various immigration procedures.
• Responsible for onboarding and developing training and development materials to raise knowledge level.
• Responsible for managing the Dutch market of the client success department, consisting out a cross-functional team of 15 consultants, whilst leading full recruitment cycle from selection to on-boarding.
• Accountable for monitoring the results from country reports, draft strategies based on data analysis, in order to achieve determined goals and KPI’s.
• Involved in different phases of the project lifecycle from concept and requirements through launch, in order to guarantee quality according to clients wishes.
• Improving the client-onboarding process, performance of consultants by 1:1 coaching, thereby raising customer satisfaction and retention and operational efficiency.
• Responsible for monitoring and defending the legal cases of my clients. Assist clients with accessing benefits (healthcare, various community and government services); this includes application processing, information gathering, working 1:1 with clients, and providing thorough and efficient documentation.
• Monitoring and analyzing national and international policy-making, researching jurisprudence regarding substantive matters in the field of human rights and recommend actions to be taken.
• Established working level cooperation with relevant government ministries and State Institutions to assist In strengthening their capacity for protection and promotion of human rights.
• Through legal research and evidence-based input successfully achieving legal stay for several clients, where possible litigating strategically to raise level of protection collectively.
• Establishing and maintaining network of international experts in the field of human rights & asylum law, creating content for knowledge database with regard to several fields of protection as well adding country-based information mostly relating to African and Middle-Eastern countries.
• Developed and implemented communications strategies & work-plans, campaigns, events and other initiatives in support of the Human rights strategy and other strategic goals.
• Handled day-to-day communication management and collaboration activities related to several key initiatives/programs in the organization. Wrote, edited and distributed communications, including press releases, newsletters and social media platforms.
• Developed authentic contents by interviewing victims of human rights violations for publication in annual national report on human rights.
• Successfully co-organized conference on statelessness in cooperation with UNHCR Netherlands.
• Performed a comparative research in the field of international privacy law for the International Services department, and advised them on the implementation of The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and how this affected the pilot within the EU and between EU and the US.
• Research recommendations were successfully implemented into two international pilots of data exchange, creating compliance and better understanding within department regarding data protection.
• Supporting the regional office in lobbying activities towards European institutions and/or European partner organizations, representing the organization during conferences and meetings.
• Delivered articles in the field of CSR and climate policy for European newsletters that were communicated within represented industries and organisation.
• Monitored EU-decision making in relevant fields such as transport, trade, services, industry, construction to healthcare and education, and analyze developments with head office to determine lobby strategies.