This internship is within the Fair Finance International team of Oxfam Novib. The main objective of the intern is to provide communications, research and administrative support to the Fair Finance International secretariat, hosted by Oxfam Novib.
Fair Finance International (FFI) is an international civil society network of over 100 CSO partners and allies, initiated by Oxfam, which seeks to strengthen the commitment of banks and other financial institutions to social, environmental, and human rights standards.
As a global network we use a rigorous methodology to assess, report on, and campaign for more responsible investment policies & practices. By benchmarking the investment policies and practices of financial institutions in critical areas such as human rights and climate impact, we enable consumers and policy holders to demand more socially responsible, fair, and sustainable investments.
Through this, FFI provides evidence-based research and analysis for critical dialogues with banks, for informing the public, and for ensuring improved democratic oversight of financial institutions.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Edit texts for our website and social media (Twitter, LinkedIn).
- Conduct research to further develop and improve social media strategies of FFI.
- Assist with gathering and formatting relevant communications material.
- Analyze research and create content.
- Assist with research and campaigning tasks, related to financial sector.
- Contribute to fundraising by preparing materials and documents, edit reports.
- Assist with support and preparing meetings (offline and online).
- Currently a Masters’ degree student in a relevant study.
- Experience with website and social media, good command of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Power Point, Excel and Word).
- Good communication skills in English, verbal and written, can present well in English.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A good understanding of organizational and public communication processes.
- Highly motivated, result-oriented and are a team player
- Willing to learn and share your knowledge with others
- Ideally, you also have
- Previous work or internship experience
- Experience producing communication materials such as leaflets, infographics, etc.
An intern in Oxfam Novib is offered an internship contract for the duration of the internship based on 36 hours work week, pro-rated in case of less hours, and a monthly allowance. This allowance is
€350,- per month, calculated pro rata. If the intern does not have a student OV card, a reimbursement of commuting costs will be offered. Oxfam Novib works on hybrid basis – partly from office, partly from home.
During the internship, the intern is supervised, overarching by the Project Coordinator and daily/weekly by a designated colleague.
- If you have questions over this internship, please contact Nina Rodriguez Dubsky (Project Coordinator) at Dubsky@oxfamnovib.nl
- Please note that an intern at Oxfam Novib must be enrolled as a student at a Dutch educational institution.
- Only applications submitted on Oxfam Novib website and before the deadline will be considered. If you are interested, please apply by no later than 14 September 2022 by submitting your CV and cover letter using the “Apply” button below. Applications submitted by e-mail will not be considered.
- Oxfam Novib aims to attract great talent that not only fits the job but also Oxfam’s high standard of values and principles, who shares and demonstrates Oxfam’s commitment to prevent and eradicate any type of misconduct including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, any other type of misuse of power or lack of integrity and financial misconduct.
- We are committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.