Oikocredit International is looking for a Renewable Energy Investment Officer (36-40 hours) to be based in Amersfoort, the Netherlands.
The Renewable Energy Investment Officer is part of the Renewable Energy unit, and reports to the Renewable Energy Manager.
As a Renewable Energy Investment Officer, you will be responsible for:
- Expanding the global renewable energy portfolio by identifying, analysing, negotiating and closing deals applying financial, social, environmental and corporate governance criteria. You will initiate deals in the off- and on- grid sector, with the ultimate goal of providing access to energy for low-income communities.
- Managing the financial, environmental and social performance of assigned projects in the renewable energy portfolio.
- Supporting the Renewable Energy Investment Officers in our regional offices with the assessment of investment opportunities.
- Engaging in business planning and strategy formulation leading to the accelerated growth of the renewable energy portfolio.
This job might be for you if you:
- Seek to advance your career in renewable energy financing.
- Have a keen interest in environmental, social and development issues.
- Are proficient in analysing financial information and business plans.
- Enjoy building and maintaining business relations.
- Are willing to travel frequently (up to 30% of the time).
- Are committed to the mission of Oikocredit.
Education and experience
- Master’s degree in the field of finance or business administration.
- Ten years’ experience in relevant positions, of which a minimum of five years in a client-facing position.
- In-depth knowledge of financing renewable-energy projects, both in on-grid and off-grid projects.
- Familiarity with financial analysis using advanced financial modelling.
- Solid understanding of and ability to evaluate company financial statements.
- Good business acumen and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal command of English.
- International professional experience.
- Knowledge of French or Spanish will be considered an asset.
- You have experience of coaching and/or training co-workers.
- Field experience in developing countries.
- You have a network in the off-grid solar sector.
You will work for a professional organisation with social goals
- You will work in an international and highly diverse environment
- You will work across different sub-sectors in renewable energy in many different countries
- You will be part of a team with ambitious growth plans
- You will help communities in developing countries gain access to safe, clean and reliable energy.
How to apply
Please go to www.oikocredit.coop/jobs and submit your application in English, including your CV and letter of motivation, no later than 31 December 2018.
Please note that:
- We will get back to you within two weeks after the application deadline.
- Incomplete applications and applications submitted after the application deadline will not be taken into consideration in the selection process. If you wish to send us an open application for future opportunities, you can do so by clicking on “Apply now” in “Open application” in the job opportunities section. We thank you for your understanding.
- The recruitment process consists of three interviews.
- The first interviews will take place in the week of 7 January 2019.
- In order to apply for this position you must be in possession of an EU work permit.