You will join a pool of Oxfam Novib’s public campaigners working on a variety of issues and part of a Campaigns & Influencing Expertise Unit, and you will be facilitating youth activism closely with colleagues from the Equal Civic Space Unit and the Green Climate Justice Activism Unit.
All units work together with activist organizations in the Netherlands and worldwide to tackle the root causes of inequality and to change the systems behind it.
The job position is foremost focused around two exciting youth activist programs:
- Activist Lab (Equal): With youth movements set to be protagonists of systemic change in the next decade, the Activist Lab project experiments how to equitably partner with and enhance the power of youth activists to address the systemic crises of our times and create a fairer, more sustainable future. In this management role you will work together with activists in various regions in Latin America, the Middle East, Africa, and Europe to scale up their learning, connection, and action, and to strengthen diverse and inclusive movements.
- Tipping Point (Green): set up together with Extinction Rebellion (XR) and Fridays For Future (FFF). This program builds on our recent experiences with the Activist Labs and was designed based on what young climate activists themselves indicated they need. Central feature of the project is an online platform for activists, supported by different innovative funding mechanisms, trainings, etc.
- Lead, develop and implement impactful strategies for supporting Activist Labs and the Tipping Point online platform for activists in a (international) multidisciplinary team.
- Connecting Activist Labs and facilitate learning and joint action in the Netherlands and in various regions in Latin America, the Middle East, Africa, and Europe.
- Develop and co-create (online) campaign content that contributes to a meaningful supporter journeys (e.g. story gathering, blogs, e-mails, social media posts, visual material and innovative campaign activities);
- Monitor and evaluate the effectivity of the program and activities you are engaged in by using available analytical tools.
- Manage the Activist Lab by fostering connections and equal partnerships, promoting a culture of experimentation and learning, and cultivating feminist ways of work with the team and youth activists.
Who are we looking for?
You have a few years of experience (2-5 years) in a similar role and working context. You have strong organizing and problem-solving skills, you are able to maintain and keep track of tasks, and you know how to prioritize. You are confident in your tasks and are able to carry it forward to the team, you’re not afraid to address and motivate others for the purpose of improvements. Additionally, you recognize yourself in the following description:
- An academic level (masters degree) or a relevant qualification at HBO level (Higher Vocation Education);
- An activist and creative mindset. Proven experience, knowledge and affinity with social youth movements, mobilizing people and innovative offline and digital campaigning;
- Proven affinity with topics like gender justice, meaningful youth engagement and climate justice.
- Excellent interpersonal and communicative skills. Team player with ability and keen interest to work together in multidisciplinary and diverse teams in the Netherlands, abroad and with local partners in the Global South. The job requires travelling to regions outside Europe.
- Leadership skills, the capacity to motivate others, and demonstrated ability to facilitate international and virtual teams;
- Ability to think creatively and work strategically while being pragmatic and hands-on;
- Good oral and written communication skills in Dutch and English (other languages are an advantage);
- You have a valid permit to reside and work in the Netherlands.