Manager Corporate Advisory Services
The individual will be responsible for identifying and nurturing commercial partnerships between companies in North America, Europe and Asia
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
At the Rainforest Alliance we are looking for a self-motivated, collaborative, and impact driven Manager, Corporate Advisory Services. The individual will be responsible for identifying and nurturing commercial partnerships between companies in North America, Europe and Asia to set sustainability policies, carry out supplier risk assessments, and support corporate reporting and communications on sustainability progress.
They will focus on ensuring that all our key partners and stakeholders within our Corporate Advisory portfolio are effectively managed, retained and further developed. They will work in service of Rainforest Alliance’s Corporate Advisory Strategy to identify and design partnerships with companies that advance sustainable business practises across supply chains. The position will also contribute to the strategic planning of deforestation impact sector unit as well as sector strategies and the Markets program at large to ensure a unified presentation of services and offerings to clients across the Rainforest Alliance’s themes and geographies.
- Engage strategic corporate advisory partners to stimulate demand for and use of Rainforest Alliance tools, such as the Accountability Framework, Palm Industry Platform and Forest Allies;
- Identify corporate advisory service opportunities for palm and other deforestation impact sectors, lead development of technical proposals and budgets, negotiate service agreements with companies and ensure successful project delivery;
- Provide functional and technical oversight to staff and consultants involved in delivery of corporate advisory service agreements;
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include mentoring and evaluating, and guiding professional development opportunities;
- In coordination with Sector and Markets leads, work to streamline corporate advisory service offerings and provide a unified vision in line with the strategic direction for the deforestation impact sub-unit, sector strategies and regional workplans, and;
- Represent and advocate Rainforest Alliance at key industry events such as roundtables, tradeshows, platforms and alliances to engage and cultivate new clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, international development, social sciences, economics, ecology, natural resources management, or a related field; Master’s degree preferred;
- Minimum number of 5 years’ experience, in a sustainability related field, preferably with direct experience of account or client relationship management;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals;
- Knowledge of global reporting frameworks, sector partnerships/platforms, CSR, and responsible sourcing commitments/policies;
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, assess priorities and multi-task with strong attention to detail;
- Demonstrated experience in project design and management within the NGO sector, and
- Ability to travel a minimum of 20% per year.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: July 16, 2021
To apply click here or visit our career page
Only candidates authorized to work in Netherlands, Europe, United Kingdom, United States will be considered
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org