Internship – Safeguarding and Mutual Capacity Strengthening (MCS)
The internship is hosted by Mutual Capacity Strengthening (MCS) workstream under the Partnership and Program Development unit, in the Department of Programmes. Your direct colleagues will be 1 MCS and Safeguarding Lead, 2 MCS Specialists and 1 Influencing specialist. Other colleagues in the unit are 6 Donor Engagement Managers, 3 Proposal Developers, 1 Partnership Specialist, 1 Project Lead. Together, they report to the Unit Manager.
In this internship, you will work closely with colleagues in the MCS workstream, contributing to mainstreaming Safeguarding in Oxfam Novib programs, and supporting initiatives that seek to establish a practice of capacity sharing between Oxfam Novib and partners across the countries where we work. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to explore additional aspects of working in an INGO that you find interesting for your own professional and personal development, in the true spirit of Mutual Capacity Strengthening!
- Support in the management of the Mutual Capacity Strengthening Fund of the FAIR for ALL project
- Support the development of research on collecting evidence for capacity strengthening
- Transform complex documents and policies into learning material
- Lead on editing and designing documents and presentations
- Support in preparing meetings (online and offline)
- Contribute to the development and dissemination of e-learnings and trainings
- Internship Project: lead and coordinate the work to draft a MCS Strategy for Oxfam Novib
- Participate in Oxfam Novib’s initiatives with or on behalf of the MCS team
- Carry out ad-hoc tasks for other teams/project as needed and in accordance with personal preferences and interest.
Who are we looking for?
- Currently a university student (HBO or Master) in Social Sciences, International Studies, Development, Cooperation, and similar.
- Very good command of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Power Point, Excel and Word), and of software to create creative content (e.g. Canva) – wow us with your CV design!
- Experience with analysing qualitative data and synthetizing the information
- A critical thinker who is up to date with the recent trends in the non-profit sector and is not scared to speak up!
- Excellent written & spoken English skills. Other languages like French and Arabic grant an advantage.
- Strong cultural sensitivity and gender awareness; excellent communication skills.
Applicants to the internships at Oxfam Novib must meet the following requirements:
- Be an active student of 18 years of age minimum.
- Be enrolled at a Dutch educational institution (first level university degree, higher schools (HBO) or other), the internship is part of the study programme.
- Have less than 3 years of relevant full-time work experience.
- Have legal right to live and work in The Netherlands or be prepared to obtain the right to follow an internship as part of their study in the Dutch educational institution, by signing a three-party internship agreement.
- Any staff member who has previously been in employment with Oxfam Novib shall not be hired as an intern.
An intern in Oxfam Novib is offered an internship contract for the duration of the internship and a monthly allowance based on €450,- per month on a basis of a 36-hour work week, pro-rata in case of less hours.
The intern is expected to have a student OV card; however, if not applicable, a reimbursement of commuting costs will be offered.
Oxfam Novib works on hybrid basis – partly from office, partly from home.
During the internship, the intern is supervised, overarching by the Partnerships and Program Development Unit Manager, and daily/weekly by a designated colleague/buddy. The period of this internship takes place between January/February 2024 until July/August 2024 (approximately a period of 5 months).
Working at Oxfam Novib
All our work is guided by our core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness, Courage, Solidarity and Equality.
At Oxfam Novib, we work according to the Feminist Principles – Oxfam Policy & Practice.
Oxfam Novib is based on the power of difference. That is why we aim to attract a diverse mix of talented people who share our standards, values, and principles, and who are committed to prevent and eliminate any type of misconduct.
We have an active policy against sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, any form of abuse of power or lack of integrity and financial misconduct. This subject will be covered in our application and selection process.
Do you believe that this is the internship you are looking for? Then we would love to receive your application! Please note that only applications received before the closing date of 26 November 2024 and submitted via our application portal Internship – Towards More Accessible Knowledge in Safer Programs – Partnerships & Programs Devt Unit (oxfamnovib.nl) will be taken into consideration.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact Federico Costantini, Mutual Capacity Strengthening Specialist – firstname.lastname@example.org