Head of Program and Partnerships
Oxfam’s vision is a just world without poverty: a world in which people can influence decisions that affect their lives, enjoy their rights, and assume their responsibilities as full citizens of a world in which all human beings are valued and treated equally.
Oxfam’s programs in the North Africa sub-region have a one-program approach, working in humanitarian response, development and influencing, with the ambition of increasing the role of civil society in influencing & advocacy and knowledge-for-impact both within and beyond the countries where Oxfam works.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Oxfam Novib in Tunisia is looking for a Head of Program and Partnerships (HoPP)
- Duty station: Tunisia or Morocco
- Open to Both National and International Candidates
- Type of appointment: Fixed-term Contract
- Contract duration: 1 year (with possibility of renewal)
- Work schedule: Full-time (40 hours per week)
- Reports to: North Africa Sub-Region Director
- Salary & Scale: International posting ONL grading 710 (min 3919 EUR Gross/ month – max 5932 EUR Gross/ month). National staff can also apply, however national conditions are applicable OI Grading B2.
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Directly reporting positions to HoPP: The Program and Policy Leads and Program Quality Coordinator. Other positions may be added as the program portfolio grows and develops or in case of structural chnages. Indirectly the HoPP manages all of NAF project teams.
- Deadline for applications: Wednesday 04 February 2024
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
The HoPP has the strategic oversight of programs in the NA sub-region. This role facilitates strategic program development and ensures that thematic leads and program managers have the needed resources and support to implement the programs in line with quality standards. The HoPP oversees coordination and coherence across program pillars, further develops and ensures implementation of Oxfam’s partnership strategy across the NA sub-region and, together with the Advocacy and Campaigns Lead and team, strengthens Oxfam’s influencing approach in all programs.
This role will also ensure that programme quality standards are applied across the programs, including gender analysis, gender mainstreaming and safe programming. The HoP is line managed by the NA Director and key member of NA senior management team (SMT) which leads the NA strategic direction, guard Oxfam policies and compliance and provide all support needed to staff and partners.
Strategy and Institutional Responsibilities
- Together with the NA Director lead on the strategic direction of NA, ensure Oxfam’s development programmes in NA are coherent and aligned with sub-regional and global strategies with a clear focus on Oxfam’s added value in the sub-region.
- Contribute to the strategic discussions in the MENA region and enhance cross-regional dynamics.
- Lead on engagement with Partner Affiliates and OI stakeholders in support of developing, resourcing and quality implementation of Oxfam’s sub-regional strategies.
- In close coordination with the NA Director and with the Funding and Compliance Lead, foster co-operation between Oxfam affiliates, actively seek and participate in fundraising initiatives, and negotiate funding opportunities for NA programs.
- Actively engage in discussions with partners and other stakeholders on fostering external funding opportunities and provide strategic advice programmatically to support external and internal resource mobilisation.
- Coordinate and/or actively participate in the design and oversight of programmes, ensuring accountability of relevant stakeholders and/or providing thematic function support to the effective delivery of sub-regional or MCPs.
- Manage and support the preparation of high-quality reports/ program documentation/ learning and support its dissemination among key stakeholders in projects and programs, including other Oxfam countries, community and peer organizations, government agencies, universities, development organizations, donors, and the larger public.
- Ensure adherence and compliance of the NA programmes to agreed Oxfam policies and management standards.
- In coordination with other SMT members, work closely with and support the NA Director by conducting regular risk analysis and reviews, apply safe programming and ensure partners and staff safety in all areas of work.
- In close coordination with thematic and program leads, proactively build relationships with external stakeholders and allies at sub-regional level including donors, government representatives and other civil society organizations, academia, to increase partnership and influence.
- Lead and guide the further advancement of the partnership strategy and implementation in NA in close collaboration with thematic Leads, Program Managers, the Influencing team and others.
- Ensure the establishing a NA strategic relationships and strengthening coalitions and networks both, across NA countries and within each of them, based on Oxfam partnership principles and best practices.
- Oversee and/or promote linkages and shared learning between counterparts and key stakeholders.
- for effective planning and delivery of quality programming as well as in providing sound monitoring, evaluation, learning and accountability.
Program Quality Assurance and MEAL – planning, delivery and reporting
- In close coordination with Programme and Policy Leads and Programme Quality Coordinator, ensure and be accountable for the quality design, implementation, management and monitoring of the Oxfam program in the NA sub-region. This includes accomplishing program and project objectives, monitoring and reporting the progress of the NA strategy and annual plan.
- Oversee and ensure programme quality is part and parcel of NA programmes, including M&E frameworks, data and information collection for programme monitoring, reporting, donor engagement and learning, across programmes (including influencing) and teams and facilitates accountability to stakeholders.
- Ensure that the program team, working closely and inclusively with partners in countries or regional organisations, develops and delivers quality programs.
- Oversee and monitor the sub-region programs’ budget and expenditures, in close coordination with the NA Program and Policy Leads and NA Finance and Operations Manager.
Leadership, Management & Coordination
- Promote and facilitate exchange and learning across NA teams, programs and countries, as well as among community and peer organisations, government agencies, universities, development organisations, donors and the larger public (as relevant).
- As a member of the NA SMT, provide inputs and priorities for reflection and decision making.
- Promote and shape the One Oxfam culture by facilitating spaces of participation and contribution across the various programs and support functions.
- As needed and by delegation from the NA Director, represent Oxfam in relevant fora and meetings with donors, partners or other stakeholders to promote and increase the organisation strategic positioning.
- Manage, monitor and mentor the NA Program & Partnership team through day-to-day line-management, hosting regular team meetings as well as one-to-one meetings with the various members.
- Responsible for the program team’s HR issues and concerns; team building, staff coaching and development, and performance review and assessment.
- Manage and facilitate the recruitment and selection processes of the NA program staff.
- Ensure and facilitate linkages, exchanges and shared learnings amongst and between the team members based in different countries and managing a diverse range of programmes, with the partners, and within the organization.
- Financial management in line with Oxfam’s policies and principles of delegation of authority.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- A Master’s degree level or equivalent experience in development, social science, or other relevant fields.
- Around 15 years of experience in development organization/s as a progressively responsible professional working experience especially in the area of program design, implementation, management, M&E framework design and implementation; working with learning initiatives.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the North of Africa sub-region, and experience in working in countries in transition as well as a significant knowledge of the thematic areas of work of Oxfam.
- Strong abilities to address gender issues, women’s rights, and safe programming principles the design and delivery of program and influencing work.
- Experience in representing an organization at senior level to civil society organizations, government, donors, private sector and media.
- Solid experience in building teams, managing, mentoring and monitoring multi-national staff and building good and healthy working relations and environment/s.
- Experience in leading and managing complex organizational structures and multi-country programming.
- Strong experience in building relations with CSOs, government and research institutions.
- Strong skills in professional writing, facilitation, communication, data management and analysis, knowledge management, research and development, and M&E.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Arabic or French.
- Experience in developing, designing and writing complex initiatives, programmes and projects.
- Excellent inter-personal, communication and collaboration skills, particularly in cross-cultural contexts.
WORKING AT OXFAM NOVIB
- All our work is guided by our core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness, Courage, Solidarity and Equality.
- At Oxfam Novib, we work according to the Feminist Principles – Oxfam Policy & Practice.
- Oxfam Novib is based on the power of difference. That is why we aim to attract a diverse mix of talented people who share our standards, values and principles, and who are committed to prevent and eliminate any type of misconduct.
- We have an active policy against sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, any form of abuse of power or lack of integrity and financial misconduct. This subject will be covered in our application and selection process.
- Do you believe that this is the job you are looking for? Then we would love to receive your application! Be aware that only applications received before the closing date (7th February 2024) and submitted via our application portal will be taken into consideration.
- Please click here to apply: https://jobs.oxfamnovib.nl/job-invite/13292/
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (STANDARD FOOTER)
- If you have questions regarding the position, please contact email@example.com
- Only applications received before the closing date and submitted via our application portal will be considered.
- Only applicants shortlisted for a post will be contacted.
- This job opening is posted internally and externally, simultaneously. Internal candidates are given preference if they are sufficiently qualified or can be obtained in short term. We believe it’s important in our organization that our employees are offered maximum opportunities for growth in new themes and competencies. Priority for internal candidates supports this.
- At the time of a contract offer, it is necessary for Oxfam Novib to request valid references. Our candidates will be subject to appropriate screening checks, including criminal records and terrorism, financial checks or integrity screenings/references.
- Oxfam Novib reserves the right, to its sole discretion, not to make agreements regarding this job opening, make an agreement in a lower level, or make an agreement with an amended job description.
Acquisition on the occasion of this vacancy is not appreciated.