Oikocredit International (OI) is looking for a Credit Analyst (full-time, 40 hours) to be based in Amersfoort, the Netherlands.
The Credit Analyst is part of the Credit Analysis Unit and reports to the Credit Analysis Manager.
As the first point of contact for the regional offices of Oikocredit International, the Credit Analysis team analyses and reviews microfinance institutions, small to medium enterprise (SME) banks, renewable energy and agricultural loan proposals in developing countries. As a member of the Credit Analysis Unit you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing loan proposals from a credit-risk perspective with a focus on East Africa, West Africa and agricultural projects. Your role is to give an independent opinion on loan proposals submitted by the project officers in the regional offices.
- Presenting your final credit assessment to the Credit Committee and following up on the decisions made.
- Reviewing and approving contract changes related to the existing loan portfolio.
- Advising and establishing strong relationships with the regional offices.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of processes, procedures and financial tools for credit assessment.
- Participating in knowledge-sharing activities within the unit and Oikocredit.
- Consolidating and analysing data to prepare sound proposals and/or management reports.
This job might be for you if:
- You are multiculturally sensitive.
- You have a keen interest in the impact investing sector and are eager to make a difference.
Education and experience
To be successful in this role, it is essential that you have:
- A master’s degree in finance, economics or business administration.
- Five to eight years’ experience as a credit analyst or any relevant position in the field of finance, banking or in lending organisations.
- Strong analytical skills, are detail oriented, and have the ability to evaluate company financial statements and accounts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships in an international context.
- A critical mindset, powers of persuasion and are solution driven.
- You are independent, proactive, comfortable in taking risks but also able to push back.
- A good command of Excel.
- A proven interest in developing countries and/or social investing.
It will be considered an asset if:
- You have worked on agribusiness projects.
- You have had exposure to the West Africa and East Africa regions.
- You speak fluent French or Spanish.
- You will work in a unique, international and diverse environment.
- You will have international exchange opportunities.
- You will have the chance to make a difference.
How to apply
To apply, please go to www.oikocredit.coop/jobs and submit your application in English, including your CV and letter of motivation, no later than 9 September 2018.
- The recruitment process is composed of 2 interviews and a business case.
- The first interviews will take place in the week of 10 September and 17 September.
- Please note that in order to apply for this position you must be in possession of an EU work permit.