MSF is an international, independent medical humanitarian organisation. We provide medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from healthcare. We are a non-profit, self-governed, member-based organisation. MSF was founded in 1971 in Paris by a group of journalists and doctors. Today, we are a worldwide movement of more than 67,000 people.
MSF coordinates operations through collaborations between global offices. The ‘MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam’ (OCA) is a partnership that is composed of the partners MSF-Canada, MSF-Germany, MSF-SARA, MSF-Sweden, MSF-Holland and MSF-United Kingdom. MSF-OCA deploys approximately 1,300 international staff, employs 10,000 national staff and operates medical humanitarian interventions in about 25 countries.
The office of MSF-Holland located in Amsterdam hosts more than 400 employees, offering direct support to MSF-OCA operations. Around 50 staff focus on recruitment, communication and fundraising in The Netherlands (MSF-Holland) and 350 staff are focused on supporting MSF-OCA operations.
At Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / Artsen zonder Grenzen, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. Our diversity fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our beneficiaries and the communities in which we work. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such, MSF is by choice (Chantilly) an association. Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and commitment and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
As of 1 May or sooner, we are looking for a:
Database Marketeer (80% – 100%)
based in Amsterdam
Our Communication and Fundraising department consists of approximately 35 people; content creators, marketing managers, press officers, fundraisers and web / data analysts. Within Fundraising, the Database Management unit is responsible for data management, donor administration and public information. In the challenging position of Database Marketeer, you are involved in technology as well as being closely involved in all MSF fundraising campaigns.
As Database Marketeer you are in charge of improving the communications and fundraising activities based on data. Making selections, advising on the right target groups, building, monitoring and improving customer journeys and evaluating campaign results. You manage, set-up and further develop our marketing automation tool in order to optimise fundraising results. You are motivated to enhance the fundraising data and seize its opportunities in fundraising strategies and activities.
You are the driving force behind the implementation of data-driven way of working in the fundraising team. You advise on and build customer journeys and fundraising campaign targeting in cooperation with the fundraisers.
Does data make your heart beat, are you eager to help the fundraising team become more data-driven and does the job description below appeal to you? Then we would like to see your CV and cover letter!
- You work closely with the fundraising team in order to improve and optimize fundraising activities and identify new opportunities;
- You advise fundraisers on data selections and the consequences of proposed fundraising activities;
- You analyse fundraising data to evaluate campaigns and trends and areas of opportunity;
- You analyse external developments and trends in the fields of data management, payments, legal and regulatory obligations and act on them;
- You design customer journeys with the fundraisers and implement them;
- Together with the fundraisers you define optimal target audience for campaigns and set up target selection;
- You analyse customer journey and fundraising campaign results and optimize them in coordination with the fundraisers;
- You plan for, investigate, analyse, design, implement and test new business requirements;
- You communicate with external database suppliers on technical requirements to safeguard the development and maintenance process and with fundraising contractors and financial institutions on technical issues to instruct and consult them.
- You safeguard data integrity and quality.
You are an expert on data and take responsibility for building the optimal fundraising database. You are data-driven and eager for a challenge! You want to develop data and know how to analyse this in order to optimise fundraising results. You are pro-active and solution-oriented and have good communication skills.
We are looking for a candidate
- With a relevant (Beta) HBO or WO education and – preferably – relevant work experience in a fundraising or CRM environment;
- Who is data driven, and can adapt to a changing environment;
- With excellent communication skills;
- And an understanding of common security practices like privacy (GDPR);
- Who can work in a planned and independent way, but who is also a team player;
- Who is solution-oriented, hands-on, with integrity and has an innovative and creative mind set;
- Has knowledge of marketing automation tool (pre: Ternair) and reporting tools (pre: Power BI)
- Has knowledge of CRM systems Microsoft Dynamics CE or other CRM system and preferably knowledge of SSIS and Azure;
- Has a good command of the Dutch and English, both written and spoken.
A nice and varied job in an international organization. Contributing to a beautiful social mission in a stimulating, professional working environment in an international organization.
Working remotely is possible. Preferably located in NL, or Dutch time zone (CET).
A Dutch employment contract from 1 May 2021 or sooner. The contract is for one year with renewal option.
A gross monthly salary of a minimum of € 2,907 and a maximum of € 4,152 for a full-time appointment based on relevant work experience;
Attractive secondary benefits (e.g. premium free pension, 30 holidays).
Information & application
For more information about the position, please contact Marjon Middeljans, Data Management Coordinator, Public Communication and Private Fundraising: 06-24563365.
The closing date for applications is 7 April 2021. The interviews takes place from the week of 10 April 2021.
If you recognize yourself in this profile, we welcome you to apply directly via our website. Please upload a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae as one combined document.
***Acquisition is not appreciated***
Artsen zonder Grenzen / MSF