Are you passionate about contributing to change that matters and do you have extensive experience in mobilising multi-million contracts from large institutional donors in the field of sustainable (agricultural) supply chains? Solidaridad offers you a rewarding and meaningful job in an inspiring and international setting with the opportunity to make a real difference in the world.
RESPONSIBILITIES & PROFILE
The Business Development Manager is responsible for growing Solidaridad’s income from large European institutional donors, working together in close cooperation with Solidaridad network colleagues and partners to achieve agreed deliverables.
In this position you will:
- Represent and pitch Solidaridad’s work towards European donor partners and targets
- Lead on the development of successful solicited and unsolicited multimillion propositions/proposals for institutional donors, from creating or identifying the opportunity to submission to the donor
- Build strong consortia for large scale funding opportunities, including for Public Private Partnership opportunities
- Map, research, monitor and identify relevant funds, donors and opportunities for Solidaridad’s work and connect to Solidaridad’s focus regions and priorities;
- Build intelligence and advise Solidaridad colleagues globally about donors and funds (donor priorities, application processes, requirements & eligibility, donor trends, etc);
- Remain abreast of Solidaridad network developments, existing programmes as well as relevant resource needs within the network;
- Contribute to further Solidaridad Europe and global Solidaridad deliverables.
The Business Development Manager is a go getter. You are enthusiastic and entrepreneurial; you are a networker and connect with others easily. You take initiative and are a fast thinker. Result-oriented work attitude, teamwork and situational awareness are among your core competences. More than anything, you excel in developing successful multi-million funding proposals in close cooperation with colleagues and partners globally.
The successful candidate has
- Academic work and thinking level;
- In-depth understanding of donor priorities, opportunities and application processes;
- Minimum seven years of demonstrable and direct experience in developing large scale winning proposals to European institutional donors
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills;
- Advanced skills in maintaining (external) contacts at various levels;
- A strong commitment to and interest in Solidaridad’s mission and work;
- Is willing to travel frequently to Solidaridad offices in the global South (approximately 10% of work time);
- Is allowed to work in the Netherlands.
- English fluency;
The following experience would be considered strong assets
- Expertise in agricultural supply chains and/or further fields relevant to Solidaridad’s work;
- Demonstrable experience with one or more of the following donors: Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO), Danida, the EU and the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Direct experience in building PPP partnerships and propositions
- Experience in working in network organizations;
- Additional language skills
- A unique and rewarding job within an inspiring and international setting, starting 1 Aug or as soon as possible after this date;
- You will join the Donor Relations team in Utrecht, and will have the opportunity to work with an innovative and dedicated network of professionals across the world;
- A one-year contract with the possibility of extension, 32-36 hours/week;
- Gross salary between EUR 3344 and EUR 5139, based on 36 hours/week (salary scale 11);
- An additional holiday allowance (standard in the Netherlands) will be paid to the employee in May of every calendar year. The holiday allowance is 8% of the gross salary earned in the period from 1 June up to and including 31 May, prior to the date of the payment;
- In addition, Solidaridad pays an end-of-year allowance equivalent to 8.3% of the gross annual salary earned;
- Solidaridad offers a non-contributory pension plan;
- Contribution to moving expenses;
- Location: Utrecht, the Netherlands, with national and international travel required.
Do you recognize yourself in this candidate profile? Then please submit your one-page motivation letter and two-page resume in English to email@example.com, and state "Application: Business Development Manager" in the subject header.
Deadline: The final closing date for this vacancy is 26 June 2022. However, we encourage interested candidates to apply as soon as possible as we will already interview suitable candidates on a rolling basis before the closing date.
Questions can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone to Ronald Visser, Head of Donor Relations (+31 (0)30 272 03 13).
The selection process will involve two rounds of interviews. The first-round interviews will take place digitally. We seek to ensure second-round interviews take place in person.
A reference check and assessment may be part of the selection procedure. Work permit restrictions may apply.
No agencies please.
Any personal data submitted in an application is treated confidentially and processed for the sole purpose of filling a vacancy, and compliant to the GDPR directive. After the selection process has been completed (upon the date of filled vacancy), all personal data of applicants who have not been selected will be destroyed immediately, unless we have your explicit approval to store your personal data for a period of maximum a year.
Solidaridad envisions a world in which all we produce and all we consume can sustain us, while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. We bring together supply chain actors and engage them in innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all.
Solidaridad is an international network organization consisting of eight regional expertise centres located around the world (Asia, South America, Southern Africa, East and Central Africa, West Africa, Central America, North America and Europe), each with their own specific expertise and focus. Globally, Solidaridad works across 13 commodities.
Solidaridad Europe focuses on market development, policy influencing, communications and donor relations. We seek to inspire the private sector, governments, civil society organizations and consumers in Europe to contribute to sustainable economic development.
For more information please refer to our website: http://www.solidaridadnetwork.org.