Be prepared for travelling and working in dangerous areas.
After a long flight, you arrive at your hotel. You step out of the taxi, turn around and are confronted with a weapon. The robber is shouting at you. What do you do? Fight, flee or freeze?
We believe there is another option: to react consciously, relying on your self-awareness and experience. During the Basic HEAT Course (Hostile Environment Awareness Training), you discover the tools you need to work in medium and high-risk areas.
Why choose a Basic HEAT Course?
- We believe in the power of simulation
Our team of trainers and actors offer you the chance to respond to life-threatening situations in a safe learning environment. These simulated exercises are so realistic that you will feel they are really happening. You will learn your own instinctive responses.
- Safe learning environment
Your personal safety and well-being are our primary concern. We have a team of professionals to make sure this will be the best and safest learning experience you ever had. If you need extra personal guidance, there is time and professional staff for additional support.
- Personal medical kit and instruction cards
During the module “Medical Accident Control” our specialists teach you to use a professional medical kit specifically designed for remote areas. You will receive this medical kit (value € 99,-) for free to bring home and on your travels. At the end of each segment of the HEAT training, you will receive an instruction card with a summary of everything you have learned.
Content & subjects
- Security & Situational Awareness
- Field Security Plans
- Risk Assessment & Mitigation
- Gender Specific Risks
- Personal Risk Profile
- Communication Skills (in the field)
- Radio & Satellite Phone
- Medical Accident Control
- Life Saving Skills in Remote Areas
- Basic Life Support & AED
- Dealing with Aggression
- Stress Management
- Hostage Prevention & Survival
- Field Safety Skills
- Checkpoints & Road Blocks
- Active Shooting, Ambushes and Carjacking
- Ammunition and Weapon Awareness
- Simulations and Field Exercises
Further information about the Basic HEAT Course
- For whom: Staff working and/or travelling in medium to high-risk areas.
- Language: English (incompany also in French and Dutch)
- Duration: 3 days, including two evening programs (32 hours)
- Breakdown of time: 30% theory, 30% practice, 40% simulations
- Group size: Maximum 14 (during simulations maximum of 7)
- Location: Soesterberg, The Netherlands
- Dietary wishes: Vegetarian/vegan/halal/other
- Certification: Yes
- Free E-Learning: Yes (after 1 year)
- Costs: € 2.450,-
(including all materials, 2 nights accommodation and food & beverage)
Please feel free to contact us for more information.