As the Regional Finance Manager Africa you ensure proper financial management and accountancy in War Child Holland country offices in the African region. You will provide advice and support to the finance staff in the region and you perform quality checks and analyses on their accountancy and reporting. An important component of your role is building the capacity of the finance staff in the country offices.
You will work 30% of your time as Finance Manager for the Uganda program. In this role you will manage a small team of finance staff and you will be responsible for the financial management, accounting and reporting of War Child's projects in Uganda. This includes preparing budgets and reports for new and existing donor grants.
The Regional Finance Manager is part of the Regional Team, based at War Child's office in Uganda, with substantial travel to South Sudan, and occasionally to DR Congo and Burundi. Approximately 20% of your time will be spent in War Child's office in Juba, South Sudan.
- Master's degree in Accounting/Business Administration;
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in a financial management position within an international non-governmental organisation and a comparable complex international environment;
- Proven experience in grant management and donor reporting;
- At least 4 years of field experience in development countries and (post) conflict areas;
- Social and communicative skills for coaching and leadership;
- Excellent written and oral expression in English and French;
- Result focused and persistent, excellent planning skills and a high level of accuracy;
- Cost-conscious to reach financial targets and guard budgets;
- Stress-resilient with ability to cope with due dates and complex problems;
- Flexible and culturally sensitive;
- Willing to travel in various countries in Africa up to 30% of the time.
Organization: War Child Holland
Job location: Kampala, Uganda
Starting date: As soon as possible
Uganda is an accompanied posting. The expatriate is allowed to bring a partner and/or children.
War Child offers a challenging job, within an inspiring and motivated team of people and the backup of a strong and professional organisation in The Netherlands. War Child offers good remuneration and excellent benefits. Please visit our website www.warchildholland.org for more information on the organisation and the programme.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply before the 7th of August 2017. Make sure to upload your English CV and cover letter by using the following hyperlink: http://warchild.onlinevacatures.nl/en/Vacancy/Apply/84733
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.