About CARE Nederland
CARE Nederland (CNL) is part of CARE, an international humanitarian aid and development organization. CARE works around the globe to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice. We support emergency relief and help communities to recover and grow more resilient; we address, together with communities, the complex causes of poverty and inequality, in fragile contexts; and we use the evidence, learning and innovation from our programmes to influence broader social change at significant scale. We believe in the inner strength of every human being. We stand with women and girls to achieve equal rights and opportunities. We address, together with communities, the complex causes of poverty and inequality, in fragile contexts. We support emergency relief and help communities to recover and grow more resilient. We develop smart solutions in co-creation with partners. We aim to be a partner of choice for others to strive for human dignity and a better world.
The Women Economic Empowerment programme
Women Economic Empowerment (WEE) is one of the thematic focus areas of CNL's 2020 Strategy. CNL raises funds for and implements programmes and projects on WEE with a particular focus on Enterprise Development as a means for WEE. The largest programme that is currently being implemented is a 3-year programme funded by H&M Foundation on 'Taking Women Empowerment through Enterprise Development to Scale' (WEED2Scale). It is the second phase of a long-term partnership that CARE has with H&M Foundation since 2014, and builds on the results of the first phase of the partnership. The partnership programme is implemented in 7 countries and also includes overarching research, advocacy and communication activities at a global level.
The WEE Programme Officer will work under the direction of the WEE Program Manager who is responsible for the development of the partnership with the H&M Foundation and the management of the partnership programme. He / she will work closely together with the Programme Officers responsible for the in-country programming with the Country Offices involved in programme implementation, with the Communication Officers involved in global communication on the programme, with the Financial Officer assigned to the programme and with CARE's MEL and knowledge management staff.
The WEED2Scale programme is a three-year multi-country programme on enhancing women empowerment through enterprise development with women from marginalized communities, which is implemented in Peru, Guatemala, Ivory Coast, Sierra Leone, Jordan, Yemen and Sri Lanka. It includes 4 components:
- Successful enterprise models
- Evidence on what works
- Mechanisms for scale
- Mobilize stakeholders and resources globally
The Programme Officer has responsibilities on the following areas:
1. In-country programme implementation
- Supports the Programme Manager (PM) in the development of the overarching framework for the in-country projects
- Coordinates implementation of in-country projects with Programme Officers (PO's) and Finance Officer (FO), to ensure timely and quality implementation of the programme;
- During the three-month inception period: supports the Programme Manager in a thorough planning for implementation, M&E and capacity building of CARE in-country staff and partners on key approaches and tools. Ensures all country context analysis and strategies are updated and of excellent quality. Ensures detailed pathways, work plans and budgets are prepared (in-country and at programme level).
- During implementation: ensures monitoring, support, capacity building and reporting from the in-country projects through their respective project managers, within the overall framework of the programme.
- Coordinates with Programme Officers (PO), Finance Officer (FO) and communication staff to ensure timely reporting.
- Organizes and prepares (virtual and live) Project Managers meetings with in-country staff.
2. Programme-specific research, Montoring, evaluation, learning
- Ensures a framework for research, monitoring and evaluation of the enterprise models and mechanisms for scale developed in the countries.
- Supports Country Office staff in the development of indicators and baselines for research on successful enterprise models and mechanisms for scale.
- Supports Country Office staff during the process of gathering and analyzing evidence from in-country implementation of projects.
- Integrates in-country data. findings and analysis within the global programme framework and provides comparative analysis on what works, where and why.
- Contributes to developing knowledge products, and creating opportunities for external knowledge sharing, with a view to Multiplying Impact;
- Where opportune network with knowledge institutes in support of the research agenda of the programme;
3. contributions to acquisition, knowledge and communications
- Prepare texts for publication for internal and external audiences about the programme.
- When requested contributes to acquisition of new projects and programmes related to WEE.
- Contribute to WEE working groups in CARE Nederland and CARE International.
Besides internal contacts within and outside the CNLprogramme team, the WEE Programme Officer will have contacts with knowledge institutes, CO's, partner organisations and CI working groups. The contacts are mainly focused on exchange of information, collaboration, learning, and capacity development for research.
Knowledge and Expertise
Expertise in research and knowledge development in the fields of Enterprise Development, Inclusive Business and/or Social Enterprises; preferably with understanding of and experience in women-led enterprises and/or gender issues.
We are looking for a candidate that meets the following qualifications:
- At least 3 years relevant field experience;
- Academic work and thinking level;
- Coordination skills to achieve results without a line management responsibility;
- Experience with action research (including research question development, underlying theories, data collection & analysis, reporting, development of informed adjustments/actions);
- Experience with programme/project implementation in a development or transition context;
- Knowledge of and experience in drafting research proposals and M&E protocols;
- Experience in monitoring projects at distance;
- Excellent knowledge of English; French and/or Spanish are an asset.
- Responsible: is able to work under pressure, meeting deadlines without losing eye for details. Can adjust priorities when the situations calls for it. Autonomous in looking for problem solutions. Has strong analytical skills.
- Result driven: is searching pro-actively for solutions, sets ambitious goals and works towards them. Recovers quickly from misfortune and looks for alternatives to reach goals. Makes an extra effort when necessary.
- Enterprising: Identifies and pursues new opportunities to reach program goals. Identifies possibilities for new partnerships, including the private sector. Understands the donor requirements.
- Can handle stress, flexible attitude: Can adapt to circumstances when the situation requires it.
- Team player: understands the meaning of cooperation to realize the goals of the team. Is prepared to share knowledge with colleagues and help out when necessary. Is able to identify the common interest of a group.
Salary and duration
The Programme Officer Women Economic Empowerment will be part of the WEE team (BBRA scale 10), 32-40 hours a week.
The position will be funded for a max. 3-year period.
We are looking forward to receiving your motivation (1 A4) and resume via the link mentioned below, before 26 April 2017
For more information, please contact Reintje van Haeringen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- An EU work permit is required
- We may contact applicants before the closing date
- For further information on CARE Nederland, visit our website: www.carenederland.org
- In case internal and external candidates have equal experience and qualifications, we will proceed with the internal candidate
Acquisition with regard to this advertisement is not appreciated.