Currently we are looking for:
'Qualified Auditor with proven experience in International Non-Governmental Organizations'
- As the Internal Auditor you are responsible for performing internal audits, identifying risks and proposing mitigation measures, and for minimizing the risk of fraud and corruption within War Child Holland. You have an independent position in the organization with a close working relationship with the Operations and Finance Teams. You report to the Managing Director and a dotted reporting line to the Audit Committee of the Supervisory Board.
- Prepare a periodic audit work plan based on perceived risks, for approval by the Audit Committee;
- Develop self-assessment tool by country offices and head office departments in order to assess the operational, financial and compliance risks;
- Develop and maintain internal audit methodology, standards, tools and checklists;
- Perform and monitor periodic compliance audits with War Child's internal policies and procedures, as well as with its donor requirements in programme countries and head office;
- Deliver audit reports with practical recommendations;
- Report quarterly to the Management Team, Extended Management Team and Supervisory Board about the global compliance with War Child Holland's and its donor's policies, procedures and requirements. Initial focus areas are finance, logistics, human resources, information and communication technology, Tax and Legal;
- Develop an inclusive system of risk management based on the principle of self-assessment in countries and departments;
- Identify, monitor, rate and propose mitigation measures for risks;
- Develop and maintain the integrity policy and related tools as an effective instrument to fight fraud and corruption (deterrence, prevention, detection, report; response);
- Train colleagues to raise awareness about fraud and corruption risks and reporting mechanisms;
- Investigate (suspected) cases of fraud;
- Maintain the fraud incident register and report to the Audit Committee and the auditor.
- Qualified professional auditor (RA/CPA/FCA);
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with performing audits in international Non-Governmental Organizations (iNGO);
- Knowledge of and insight in the internal control system, policies, procedures and processes of iNGOs, of the risks and of the implementation in practice.
- Excellent oral and written expression. Fluency in English and preferably two other languages such as French, Spanish, Arabic and or Dutch;
- Strong intercultural communication skills,
- Excellent planning and organizational skills;
- Analytical, accurate and careful;
- Willing and able to travel up to 50% to the programme countries;
- Available on short notice for a full time position;
- Location: Amsterdam or War Child Programme Country.
War Child is a young and dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace in Amsterdam.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply before the 24th of April 2017. Make sure to upload your English CV and cover letter by using following hyperlink: http://warchild.onlinevacatures.nl/en/Vacancy/Apply/79086
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.