The office in Greece is looking for a:
Humanitarian Programme Manager
Fulltime (40 hrs)
Starting date: as soon as possible
Oxfam has been present in Greece since September 2015 as part of a regional response, which includes the Western Balkan countries of the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYRoM) and Serbia as well as Italy. Oxfam initiated interventions on the Greek Island of Lesvos in October 2015, in the Moria reception and registration facility which used the EU HotSpots approach, the Kara Tepe site and the port of Mytilini. Since April 2016 Oxfam is operational - through DG ECHO funding - in the Epirus region in mainland Greece, providing multi-sectorial humanitarian support to 4 formal accommodation sites and a number of alternative accommodation centers.
Oxfam's intervention in Greece has an overall focus on Shelter, NFIs, WASH, Site Management Support (SMS), Protection and Media & Advocacy. The humanitarian program has a strong component of direct implementation and work in partnership with local actors, such as the Greek Council for Refugees (GCR), ARSIS, Action Aid Greece and Amnesty International Greece. Oxfam has three offices in Greece, in Athens, Ioannina (Epirus) and Mytilene (Lesvos).
- Support design of the humanitarian strategy for the Response in Greece in line with the regional response in coordination with other members of the Greece Country Management Team (CMT)
Support to Programme Implementation:
- Ensure that programme design and implementation is consistent with Oxfam's humanitarian quality and accountability standards, emergency guidelines and protocols, the Core Humanitarian Standard, Oxfam's Standard Operating Procedures, Gender in Emergencies (GiE) standards, and that work meets Sphere Standards and other external quality commitments.
- Provide support to program teams - where required - to develop new areas of programming (e.g. transition to private accommodation schemes)
- Ensure that Oxfam's programming is aligned with national strategies and standards as developed at national WG level
- Support program teams to develop SOPs and intervention methodologies where relevant to Oxfam's areas of humanitarian response
- Identify gaps in HR and support development of ToRs, etc. for filling the positions together with other related members of program teams
- Line manage the Greece MEAL Coordinator
- Ensure MEAL systems are ensured for different program areas, including in relation to protection and advocacy activities
- Regularly participate in national-level humanitarian WGs - notably WASH, Shelter/NFI, Cash, SMS - and ensure Oxfam's active input and engagement in relevant areas of programming.
- Liaise with UNHCR, ECHO and other agencies at the different levels when required.
- Coordinate with other stakeholders where necessary/relevant to Oxfam's humanitarian program
- Coordinate with program managers to ensure coherence and harmonization of approaches between different geographic areas of program intervention (Epirus/Lesvos/others if required)
- Regularly coordinate with program teams to ensure that Oxfam input into WG discussions is systematic, and regularly update program teams on WG discussions at the national level
- Liaise with the different technical support units within the Oxfam Global Humanitarian Team (GHT)
- Support the Head of Mission to identify opportunities for institutional fundraising
- Support the Head of Mission to liaise with regional coordination structures and the wider Oxfam confederation to leverage unrestricted funding for the Greece response
- Provide support to the country team for programme design
- Humanitarian strategy for the emergency response in Greece in line with Oxfam's humanitarian quality and accountability standards, emergency guidelines and protocols, the Core Humanitarian Standard, Oxfam's Standard Operating Procedures, GiE standards, Sphere Standards and other external quality commitments
- MEAL systems established for different programmes; appropriate technologies for data collection and monitoring in place
- Capacity building of local staff Programming in emergencies and minimum standards
- Proper reporting of the humanitarian activities to contacts in HQ, GHT, regional coordination mechanisms, etc. (e.g. sitreps).
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in designing humanitarian strategies in line with Oxfam quality standards
- Solid experience in designing, implementing, and monitoring programmes in emergencies.
- Programme cycle management skills, conducting and designing baselines, assessments, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience of leading teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relations with multicultural, international and multi ethnic teams in difficult and stressful environments.
- Independent worker who is able to network with a variety of stakeholders
- Experience of emergency multisector programmes in assessment, analysis, and programme design; technical standards and best practices.
- Be able to work with and through interpreters (Greek and Arabic to English)
- Ability to prioritise and place initiatives in the perspective of evolving circumstances.
- Sound consultation and decision making skills.
You will be based in Athens but will travel frequently.
Oxfam Novib is committed to providing you with a competitive, fair, and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors.
Please submit your application here and include your motivation letter and CV. Your application must be received by May 28, 2017 at the latest. For more information about the position you can contact Nicola Bay, Head of Mission, available at email@example.com. Please note that only applications received using the link provided can be taken into consideration.
Applicants must be Nationals of an European Union member State or have a valid work permit for the European Union.