Terms of Reference for the Mid-Term Evaluation of the Empowering Local and National Humanitarian Actors (ELNHA) project
Bangladesh, Uganda, Global level
01 January 2016 - 31 December 2018
We are looking for a team of experienced evaluators, for the mid-term evaluation of the Empowering Local and National Humanitarian Actors (ELNHA) project. ELNHA aims at enhancing strength, voice and space of local and national humanitarian actors in Bangladesh and Uganda, with also a global component. The external process evaluation shall be conducted in August / September 2017, with the aim of assessing how and in what ways the intervention is working.
The specific objectives of the evaluation are:
- To review the design and implementation of the ELNHA project during the first half of its lifespan, looking at the relevance, effectiveness, efficiency and sustainability of its activities, assessing whether the use of resources is proving to be effective and efficient, and analyzing whether the organizational systems and capacities of Oxfam staff and supporting partners are appropriate for achieving the intended project objectives.
- To identify, formulate and share good practices, lessons and strategic, actionable recommendations with the ELNHA teams and supporting partners, on both programmatic and project management aspects, in view of strengthening of implementation during the second half of ELNHA.
- To stimulate reflections and learning among ELNHA teams, supporting partners, Oxfam country offices, and local and national humanitarian actors (LNHA).
The team should possess the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience with evaluating processes, in particular of initiatives aiming at systemic change
- Demonstrated experience in conducting multi-country evaluations
- Demonstrated understanding of (humanitarian) capacity development, sector collaboration strengthening and influencing processes
- Experience with humanitarian programmes / projects, humanitarian cycle management and humanitarian architecture (the "humanitarian system")
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills in English
- Fluency in Bangala for the consultant collecting data in Bangladesh (Desirable)
- Knowledge of the work of Oxfam or other international NGOs (Desirable)
- Having attended security training (Desirable)
All details are in the full ToR availale here: https://oxfam.app.box.com/s/d1miyepop4wj6zclkce7932u4hodj66u
Quotations should be submitted by e-mail to Valerie Bey, Global MEAL Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submission is Sunday the 6th of August at midnight Netherlands time (UTC/GMT +2 hours).
Any questions, remarks or requests for clarification can be sent to the above e-mail address.