At BoPInc you have the opportunity to do good by doing what you do best.
We are looking for an energetic, commercially-minded Business Developer & Fundraising Manager to join our inspiring international team to lead us into our next phase of growth, based from Utrecht, the Netherlands.
BoPInc takes a private sector approach to combat poverty. We work with companies and non-profit organizations to reach low-income populations (the BoP) with impactful products and services through inclusive business models. We help our clients to develop innovative marketing and distribution strategies, inclusive innovations and deliver entrepreneurship empowerment programs.
Have you ever wondered...
- Why people can buy a Coke or a fake DVD on every corner of the street in low-income markets but not a nutritious food product?
- Why African and Asian markets seem chaotic but at the same time adhere to strict rules?
- Why some products that aim to improve lives of low-income consumers fail miserably?
- Why people, also in low-income markets, adopt certain behaviors although they seem very irrational?
- Why small retailers often sell the exact same products as their neighbours?
If these questions fascinate you as much as they fascinate us and they trigger your creativity, you might make a great addition to our team.
The Business Developer & Fundraising Manager is a new position at BoPInc that will play a key role in shaping the organization's future direction and success. You will be tasked with building relationships with existing funders and attracting new funders (corporates, foundations and institutional donors) in order to ensure the financial sustainability of the organization.
- An experienced professional that has more than 10 years of work experience in one of BoPInc's core sectors (Food Security, Renewable Energy, Waste or Water and Sanitation) or themes (inclusive business, innovation or (women) entrepreneurship).
- A dynamic co-creator with a strong network and a minimum of 5 years experience in business development/institutional fundraising in the international development sector.
- Driven to work independently, you can tightly manage opportunities and new proposals while creating space for creative, out-of-the-box ideas.
- A strong facilitator of interdisciplinary teams with stakeholders and partners from different countries and cultures.
- Proven track record in acquiring funding from corporates, foundations and institutional donors.
- Sound understanding of the key trends/focal areas of the main donors relevant to BoPInc's core sectors and themes.
- Dynamic interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of management.
- A commercial and entrepreneurial approach, with a drive for impact.
- Excellent work ethic, excellent communication, writing and presentation skills in English and preferable French. A second or third language (Portuguese, Dutch, is a plus).
- Academic background in economics, international business or international development.
- No fear of pressure cooker timelines, planes, high-level meetings with government officials, conferences and network events.
- Be responsible for the development and delivery of the fundraising strategy including but not limited to: major donors, corporates, foundations and institutions.
- Lead the identification and crafting of new partnerships with non-governmental organizations (NGO's), corporates, foundations and institutional donors and support the CEO to generate new opportunities to grow income that will advance BoPInc's mission.
- Lead the identification of potential grant opportunities across foundations, institutional donors and private sector actors.
- Manage high-level relationships and maintain strong working relationships with partners.
- Represent BoPInc at relevant external events.
- Lead and write winning project proposals.
- Identify areas for improvement in business development processes and train staff.
- Prepare reports and give presentations on fundraising to the leadership team and the Supervisory Council.
- A motivated, multidisciplinary and culturally diverse team of professionals.
- A nurturing and international environment for new ideas and innovations.
- Frequent travel to clients, projects and the markets where our work matters.
- Market-based salary.
- An inspiring work space in Utrecht, The Netherlands.
Application deadline is 29th of March. Interviews will be scheduled in early April onwards. Only applications through our online platform will be considered.
Need additional info? Contact Henk van Duijn (email@example.com or +31 3 4100910).
We do not appreciate third party mediation.