Free Press Unlimited strongly believes that all people are entitled to have access to unbiased, reliable and timely information. This enables them to assess their own living conditions, influence these and make the right decisions. Press freedom and freedom of information are vital for gathering and spreading reliable, unbiased information. Media play a crucial role in providing people free and unrestricted access to information that can help them develop and monitor the authorities. We want to make and keep objective news and information available to everyone, especially to people in countries without or with limited (press) freedom.
By supporting media professionals and journalists, we want to help people gain and keep access to the information they need to survive and develop.
We are currently looking for a proposal writing expert to coach and assist the proposal writing process of few media outlets in the Middle East.
The ideal candidate should have a proven track record as a proposal writer (call for proposal, tender, pitch, achievements track records presentation) and have ability to coach colleagues that are developing and/or strengthening their proposal (pitching content) writing capacity.
The coach is required to:
• Design and deliver a mentoring proposal writing trajectory to media partners in Arabic
• Determine proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs
• Have the ability to coach (mainly online) the trainees in their work environment
• Mentor the partners with concrete applications case(s)
• Train a group of Journalists on how to write proposals
• Train and simulate various proposal types
• Assist Journalists in gathering sources of information to support proposal applications
• Build and maintain relationship and trust with each media partner and trainee
• Follow up with participants, give comments and tips on their produced materials for improvements
• Mentor media partners with standards of performance, and evaluation of proposal application results
• Assist improvement of proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing
• Build ability of partners to identify donors in media field, understand their strategy, formats and requirements
• Coach participants on workflow: how to meet proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval
• Cooperate with Free Press Unlimited in designing a professional detailed roadmap for Partners’ development in this field
• Report on the results of the training and give recommendations to the trainees and to Free Press Unlimited
• Minimum of five years experience working as a proposal writer (for a variety of donors)
• Experience in media field, familiarity with media terminologies related to proposal writing is a strong advantage
• Proven training experience
• Experience in mentoring and advising individuals and organisations
• Ability to engage and motivate trainees
• Hands-on approach
• Results oriented
• Fluency in Arabic and English (written and spoken)
• Ability to monitor, evaluate, and recognize weaknesses and strengths of the trainees
• Good communication and inter-cultural skills: able to effectively communicate with trainees, other trainers and supervisors
A freelance contract, in a dynamic international environment with an NGOs fair salary based on local standards. Free Press Unlimited uses fair selection criteria based on equal opportunities.
Written applications consisting of a CV and a short motivation need to be submitted by e-mail (preferable in PDF format) before June 3, 2019 to vacanciesejsm[AT]freepressunlimited.org
A screening is part of the application process.