RNW Media is an international organisation that builds digital communities for social change. We use online media to engage young people (15-30 years old) on sensitive and often-taboo subjects – from love, sex and relationships to civic participation. Through our platforms, young people get comprehensive science- and rights-based information and a safe space to focus on their aspirations and engage in constructive dialogue about what really matters to them.
RNW Media is looking for a:
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
Maternity cover, 32 hours/week, 1 December 2019 up to mid-June 2020
Vacancy number: 19-045
As temporary Productowner you work in a fast-changing and international environment where you are responsible for managing the requirements and priorities of internal stakeholders and translate these into user stories for the development team. In addition, you coordinate and oversee the work of the team.
Being analytical, pro-active, impact-driven, accurate and have excellent communication skills defines you.
Position in the organisation
The temporary Productowner is positioned within the Programmes & Implementation department and you will report to the Director of Digital Programmes. You work closely with the Digital team, PMEL team and Programme team.
What will your responsibilities be?
As our temporary Productowner you will be expected to:
- Be first point of contact regarding product development and innovation and liaise between internal stakeholders and the digital development team;
- Oversee the development, roll-out and execution of the digital plans and activities;
- Manage, plan and coordinate the development, construction, maintenance and optimisation of existing and new platforms;
- Oversee the (further) development and implementation of (new) and existing tools, dashboards, platforms and channels and ensure on time and on cost delivery of agreed upon deliverables and objectives;
- Contribute to all efforts done to ensure RNW Media’s projects have a sustainable impact in the countries where we work and meet the requirements/expectations of our donors;
- Ensure security policies are integrated into development cycle to safeguard users and data as well as RNW Media staff and operations.
What are the job requirements?
Our desired new colleague has:
- At least 5 years’ experience in product delivery and digital systems;
- a Masters’ degree in business studies, (digital) marketing, product management or related;
- Leadership skills and preferably management experience;
- Senior level project management skills (Prince II, Agile, Scrum);
- Excellent planning and coordination skills;
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written;
- Solid understanding of digital media impact, digital marketing and digital systems;
- Fluent in English.
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing several countries, working both in Hilversum and in our focus countries. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality work. You also get to work in an office with a great green space right up against a national forest. The Hilversum Media Park train station is less than a 15-minute walk.
We offer a temporary position for approximately 6,5 months for 32 hours per week. The position is also open to freelancers, however we prefer a contractual employee.
How to apply?
You can express your interest in this position by completing the application form below before 29 November 2019. Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered. If we appoint a suitable candidate before closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and if you have not yet heard from us, your application remains active.
Acquisition is not appreciated.