We are currently recruiting for the position of
Talent and Resourcing Specialist
The Hague (36 hours)
About the Role
Oxfam Novib aspires to be an organization where employees feel supported and challenged to make the best possible contribution to our mission: a just world without poverty. As Talent Management and Resourcing Specialist, you will be responsible for attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining talented people to meet immediate and future strategic objectives and business needs of Oxfam Novib. You will work closely with colleagues in HR and other units to determine how we can become an employer of choice to facilitate your mandate. You will be in charge of Oxfam Novib’s Resource Planner ensuring the most efficient deployment of staff across projects and the organisation.
Generic Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical expertise and insight on their thematic area of expertise.
- Support in the areas of expertise, both in the Hague and in the countries where Oxfam Novib is EA.
- Liaise with the respective Oxfam International Talent & Resourcing Global Shared Services (RSS).
- Develop and maintain strategies, policies and procedures in specific areas of expertise.
- Share knowledge and expertise with HR colleagues, providing capacity building on specific area of expertise to Oxfam Novib colleagues as required.
- Provide HR analytics on area of expertise.
- Develop and manage own budget whenever appropriate.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Works across all units/departments in the organisation including the countries where Oxfam Novib is EA.
- Create and maintain an overview of the Resource pool of existing staff members, proactively identifying opportunities for specific individual deployments, and liaising with the relevant recruiting managers.
- Develop a succession planning policy and strategy. Working with the HRBPs, identifying a pool of talent and preparing succession plans.
- Use strategic HR planning to improve business value and to make it possible to reach organizational goals.
- Responsible for a talent management strategy that links to the business strategy.
- Responsible for the recruitment strategy.
- Recruit, retain, develop and manage the performance cycle.
- Working with the L & OD Specialist prepare development paths for both identified high potential staff, as well as staff with performance issues. Working with the HRBPs, ensure that people who have been identified as having potential or as potential successors to identified roles, are considered during the recruitment process.
- Working with the HRBPs, develop and maintain a recruitment and resourcing strategy to ensure that Oxfam Novib is perceived as an employer of choice.
- Close cooperation with the Communications Unit to develop an employee brand in line with Oxfam’s brand.
- Work closely with the Coordinator of the Oxfam Novib Academy.
Requirements for the job
- have a university degree, with post graduate qualification in area of expertise;
- have over 6 years’ experience in a similar Talent & Resourcing position, in a complex international environment, preferably in the INGO sector;
- keep up to date with latest developments in your field;
- are fluent in English;
- are willing and able to travel and work outside the Netherlands;
- Good understanding of Dutch Labour law in particular on contracting;
- have significant experience in recruitment, including finding and attracting talent through recruitment strategies;
- have a firm grasp on the latest HR thinking and in particular in the area of Talent and Resourcing
- have relevant qualification in talent management;
- have significant experience in an international setting with a diverse workforce;
- are highly organized;
- are pro-active;
- are able to work with minimal supervision and in addition as part of a team;
- are a strategic thinker who is able to influence;
- take decision easily;
- are cultural sensitive.
Oxfam Novib is committed to providing you with a competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. This position is classified in scale 10. The gross salary range is between € 3.101,– to € 4.772,– on the basis of 36 hours per week. The position will be based in The Hague, The Netherlands.
Applicants for this contract must be Dutch nationals or nationals of a European Union member State or have a valid work permit for the European Union.
More information and application procedure
If you are interested, please upload your application letter and CV in English via the ‘apply’ button below, no later than July 24, 2019.
For more information about the position, you can contact Canny Geyer at Canny.Geyer@oxfamnovib.nl.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization. Therefore, people of all gender identities, sexes, sexual orientations, races, colours, religions, cultures, abilities, etc. are eligible for this position.
Oxfam aims to attract great talent that not only fits the job but also Oxfam’s high standard of values and principles, who shares and demonstrates Oxfam’s commitment to prevent and eradicate any type of misconduct including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, any other type of misuse of power or lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks, or integrity screenings/references relating to misconduct and disciplinary actions in prior employment.
Acquisition on the occasion of this vacancy is not appreciated.