Free Press Unlimited strongly believes that all people are entitled to have access to unbiased, reliable and timely information. This enables them to assess their own living conditions, influence these and make the right decisions. Press freedom and freedom of information are vital for gathering and spreading reliable, unbiased information. Media play a crucial role in providing people free and unrestricted access to information that can help them develop and monitor the authorities. We want to make and keep objective news and information available to everyone, especially to people in countries without or with limited (press) freedom.
By supporting media professionals and journalists, we want to help people gain and keep access to the information they need to survive and develop.
Free Press Unlimited is currently supporting a number of emerging Syrian media organizations committed to independent and professional journalism. Free Press Unlimited has a development programme for these media outlets aimed among others to increase their sustainability.
We are currently looking for a Strategic media Expert
The role of the Strategic Media Expert is to help the partner organisations with their strategic plan (to be reviewed or produced) and compelling products and services in line with that strategy. The strategic plan is the roadmap how to leverage various resources, tools and content to meet the online business and/or digital publishing goals. One of the goals, among others is to engage with the target audiences. The expert knows the Middle East media market trends, will scan the existing content of the media outlet, scan stakeholders content and help to develop and validate ideas that increase the success of the outlet. In order to fulfil these obligations in the most concise manner possible, the ideal candidate needs to have a media business background and track records in successfully achieved assignments.
• Scan the performance of news outlets
• Analyse the news outlet and stakeholders’ media market position
• Advise and contribute to most suitable and feasible strategic development plans
• Help produce a strategic business plan
• Help identify current businesses weak and strong points and make stakeholders analyses
• Produce an assessment report based on a succinct and clear evaluation methodology
• Be resourceful and contribute with current best practices with online emerging technology
• Relevant study (business and administration, media management, marketing) at university level
• Track records in business assessment
• Minimum of five years conducting business development, strategy development and/or marketing strategy in media industry (radio, TV, print, Online, Social Media)
• Experience (and or knowledge of market) working in the Middle East
• Experience working with Middle Eastern media outlet is a plus
• Experience working in audience behaviour (identify and engage)
• Experience working with risk analyses
• Experience tracking business success records
• Experience working with digital media & social media marketing is an advantage
• Commercial awareness (on and off line) is needed
• Fluency in Arabic and English
• Excellent work ethics and punctual with deliverables
• Business intelligence
• Ability to take high level vision and translate down to executable actions
• Reliable team player (ability to work independently as well as in a team)
• Excellent communication skills
• Problem-solving skills and creative multitasker
• Proactive and result-oriented
• Ability to travel to the Middle East region
We offer a freelance contract, in a dynamic international environment with a competitive salary based on local standards. Free Press Unlimited uses fair selection criteria based on equal opportunities.
Written applications consisting of a CV and a short motivation need to be submitted by e-mail (preferable in PDF format) before June 3, 2019 to vacanciesejsm[AT]freepressunlimited.org
A screening is part of the application process.