The INNOVATION Department is currently recruiting a
SPECIALIST PROJECTS FINANCE (Specialist Projects C)
Part time (18 hrs)
Oxfam fights poverty and in a just world. The innovation department supports colleagues around the world who invent a new approach to doing just that. For this Oxfam Novib has made an Innovation Fund available. We’re looking for an administrator of this fund, who’s also the financial brain of the Innovation team (5 people). Do you want to put your finance experience to use to innovate for the poor? Join the Oxfam team.
Main goal of the job
Contributing to the realization of innovation pilot objectives by drawing-up, providing feedback and monitoring budgets. To manage the financial risks and opportunities, and to make the necessary internal and external financial reports. The Specialist Projects C finance reports to the Manager Innovation.
· A direct measurable contribution to the conception, planning and realization of projects;
· The further development of consolidated budgets & monitoring including financial reporting for internal and externally financed projects;
· Drawing up, agreeing on and monitoring contracts with (mostly) internal counter parts of the innovation department
· Realization of monitoring information systems on financial implementation and donor compliance of externally funded projects in the cluster.
· Liaison and coordination with Oxfam Country Offices, Oxfam Affiliates and Oxfam partners and advice and work with their financial systems
· Realization, support to and coordination of professional external reporting
· Supports monitoring and evaluation of projects;
· Co-creates more effective working processes and procedures for the innovation team
A Specialist Projects C on finance’s main tasks are to:
· Check and appraise, in co-operation with the implementing Oxfam teams and partners, the financial aspects of funding proposals, on internal and external risks and opportunities (risk profiles of partners and possible consortium members). Co-ordinate on findings with the project leader and make proposals on the (manner of) financing and financial capacity-building.
· Periodically monitor the approvals, spending and performance at project level and revise where necessary and possible the (financial) planning. Register this in management information systems and report on overruns, deviations and such, and make proposals to the programme leader for the (manner of) financing this within the approved project budget.
· During project implementation: check, including for eligibility, and process declarations and invoices, request corrections; calculate what part of project implementation to charge to the project. Keep the overview of the total spending of the project, including with COs and (where relevant partners).
· Consolidate and write quarterly financial reports including absorption and forecasting
· Contribute to fundraising of (new) projects;
· Have an academic level (master degree) or a relevant experience at bachelors/HBO (Higher Vocation Education) in finance management or economic area
· Have 4 years of relevant work experience in a financial position including financial management, planning, administration and budgeting & auditing
· Have experience in independent financial planning, budgeting, reporting, project audits and capacity to evaluate these against the local political and socio-economic context.
· Preferably have experience in an innovative environment, company or organisation
· Preferably have experience with donor compliance, also working via country offices and local partners, risk management.
· Have a result oriented approach
· Have excellent written & spoken English skills and ideally also in French and Dutch; overall good communication skills;
· You have knowledge and experience of relevant financial IT-systems (We’re currently working with SAP).
The key competencies for this position are
· Result orientation
· Planning & Organisation
· Written Communication
Specialist Projects C finance
In principle a Specialist Projects C should have the skills to able to work for different projects. Oxfam Novib seeks flexibility in the organisation and its staff in the future and to ensure this, it should be understood that if a Special Projects finance C if needed, as the organisation develops and funding patterns change, he or she can be asked to move from one unit to another.
What we offer
Oxfam Novib is committed to providing you with a competitive, fair, and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. The salary range for this position is set in scale 8 with a salary range between € 2,509 to € 3,859 gross based on 36 hours a week.
Are you interested in joining Oxfam Novib? Then apply at the latest on November 22, 2019 by clicking on the ‘apply’ button.
For more information about the job you can contact Boris Alberda, Manager Innovation Boris.firstname.lastname@example.org or Mob: +31 642274329.
Applicants for this contract must be Dutch nationals or a national of a European Union member State or have a valid work permit for the European Union.
Please note that internal candidates have priority over external candidates.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization. Therefore, people of all gender identities, sexes, sexual orientations, races, colors, religions, cultures, abilities, etc. are eligible for this position.
Oxfam aims to attract great talent that not only fits the job but also Oxfam’s high standard of values and principles, who shares and demonstrates Oxfam’s commitment to prevent and eradicate any type of misconduct including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, any other type of misuse of power or lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, and adults. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks, or integrity screenings/references relating to misconduct and disciplinary actions in prior employment.