Reporting to the Global Director, Institutional Relations (IR) and working as part of an international team of fundraising professionals, the Senior Manager, Institutional Relations will be charged with growing relationships and securing funding from multilateral and bilateral agencies in Europe, with a particular focus on Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, and the United Kingdom as well as the Global Environment Facility (GEF). S/he will manage a distinct donor portfolio with the goal of meeting short-term revenue targets and adding to the long-term pipeline of government funding for future years. The Senior Manager will supervise IR staff based in other locations and work closely with technical and finance staff to develop, write, and edit high-quality proposals, concept papers, and reports. He/she will be a key leader in the Development Department, collaborating closely with Leadership as well as senior program and finance staff.
- Responsible for budgeting of European government revenue and ensuring that the Institutional Relations team meets these annual goals;
- Lead the development and implementation of RA’s overall strategy to win bilateral and multilateral funding in Europe, ensuring that a strong pipeline is in place for both the short and long term;
- Write, adapt and edit proposals and concept papers for international field projects and programs, working closely with technical and finance staff to do so;
- Develop and coordinate cultivation strategies for a distinct donor portfolio;
- Serve as strong external representative for the organization, engaging regularly with contacts at key government agencies;
- Supervise staff based in multiple geographies;
- Carefully manage all funders and prospects in his/her portfolio, tracking budgetary projections for each within RA’s donor database;
- Work closely with colleagues on the Institutional Relations team, who are based globally, to coordinate on larger fundraising strategies and ensure complementary actions; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred;
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience of program development/government fundraising with proven track record of securing seven figure gifts from European bi-lateral and multilateral agencies;
- Strong budgeting and people management skills;
- Experience in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, work environment – preferably within a global organization;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with fluency in English;
- Spanish, Dutch, and/or French language skills a plus;
- High degree of organizational skill, including the ability to manage multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as be an effective team member;
- Experience with/knowledge of conservation and/or community development issues strongly preferred;
- High degree of skill in using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required;
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM system preferred; and
- Ability to travel up to 25% nationally and internationally.
Commensurate with experience.
How to apply:
Please send your application (max. 1 page motivation, max 2 page resume) no later than 13 August 2019 to email@example.com mentioning Senior Manager, Institutional Relations in the subject line. For questions about this position, please contact Marejke Lindner via +31 20 5308000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only candidates authorized to work in The Netherlands or the UK will be considered
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.