The Senior Innovation Manager drives and facilitates innovation for the Rainforest Alliance in general and the certification and landscape programs in particular. The responsibilities of the Senior Innovation Manager are to follow trends, to prioritize and to initiate partnerships and to drive the implementation of successful innovations to increase our impact for farmers, companies and our planet.
This position has a particular focus on the innovation of our traceability proposition and services. The Senior Innovation Manager will also support the development and implementation of our Innovation agenda. You report to the Department Head, Innovations.
- Engage with companies, NGOs, service providers and other relevant stakeholders to understand the needs of our members and to follow trends and (technology) developments, in close coordination with relationship managers where relevant
- Advise on prioritization of innovation areas where the biggest impact can be made for RA certification and global programs
- Collaborate with relevant departments (depending on the area of innovation: Technology, Standards & Assurance, Global Programs, etc.) to define priorities and necessary capacities to implement innovations
- Encourage innovation in the organization and promote design thinking, lean and agile ways of working
- Initiate and drive prototypes & pilots to test innovations and new ways of working
- Drive progression of successful innovations from idea generation, to experimentation, to integration in the regular organization
- Develop new partnerships and coalitions necessary to achieve innovation goals
- Master’s degree in information technology, business management, product design, international development, supply chain management or (development) economics
- At least 7 years’ work experience, preferably in agricultural supply chains and international development
- Proven experience in developing and managing partnerships and projects in an international setting
- Good understanding of trends and innovation in the area of certification and landscape programs, particularly focusing on innovative solutions to strengthen traceability services
- Strategic and analytical thinker; affinity with design thinking, lean and agile ways of working
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written. French and/or Spanish is a plus
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of time
Please send your application (max. 1 page motivation, max 2 page resume) no later than 18 February 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning ‘Senior Innovation Manager’ in the subject line. For questions about this position, please contact Karen Reijnen at +31 (0)20 5308000 or email@example.com. Only candidates authorized to work in country of application will be considered. Starting date is foreseen as soon as possible.