About the Rainforest Alliance:
We are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal.
The Rainforest Alliance works at the intersection of business, agriculture and forests. By bringing diverse allies together we are making deep-rooted change on some of our most pressing social and environmental issues. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people mitigate and adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways.
Our alliance needs you, whoever you are and wherever you stand. By joining forces with producers, businesses and consumers, we can transform our relationship with the land and forests we rely on. We can make that relationship work better for all.
Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
The Senior Innovation Manager is responsible for driving innovation for the Rainforest Alliance. The responsibilities of the Senior Innovation Manager are to follow trends, to prioritize and to initiate partnerships for innovation and to lead the ideation, prototyping and implementation of successful innovations to increase our impact for farmers, companies and our planet.
The Senior Innovation Manager will also support the development and implementation of our Innovation agenda.
- Engage with companies, NGOs, service providers and other relevant stakeholders to understand the needs of the stakeholders we work with and to follow trends and (technology) developments;
- Advise on prioritization of innovation areas where the biggest impact can be made by the Rainforest Alliance;
- Collaborate with relevant departments (depending on the area of innovation: Technology, Standards & Assurance, Global Programs, etc.) to define priorities and necessary capacities to implement innovations;
- Encourage innovation in the organization and promote design thinking, lean and agile ways of working;
- Initiate idea generation and drive prototypes & pilots to test innovations and new ways of working;
- Drive progression of successful innovations from idea generation, to experimentation, to integration in the regular organization; and
- Develop new partnerships and coalitions necessary to achieve innovation goals.
- Master’s degree in information technology, business management, product design, international development, supply chain management or (development) economics
- At least 7 years’ work experience, preferably in agricultural supply chains and international development
- Proven experience in developing and managing partnerships and projects in an international setting
- Good understanding of trends and innovation in the area of environmental sustainability and social impact.
- Strategic and analytical thinker; affinity with design thinking, lean and agile ways of working
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written. French and/or Spanish is a plus
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of time
Commensurate with experience.
Only candidates authorized to work in Amsterdam or London will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send your application (max. 1 page motivation, max 2 page resume) no later than November 24, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning “Senior Innovation Manager” in the subject line. For questions about this position, please contact Senior Innovation Manager via +31 20 5308000 or email@example.com.