RNW Media is an international NGO and centre of expertise that builds digital communities for social change. We use online media to engage young people (15-30 years old) on sensitive and often-taboo subjects – from love, sex and relationships to civic participation. Through our platforms, young people get comprehensive science- and rights-based information and a safe space to focus on their aspirations and engage in constructive dialogue about what really matters to them.
RNW Media is looking for a:
Sr Data Researcher
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
Vacancy number: 19-037
As a Senior Data Researcher you analyse online data to evaluate and optimize performance. You are able to set and measure indicators for behaviour change via digital platforms. You document evidence of social change and best practices. Thinking analytically and translating technical language into easily understandable insights is easy for you.
Positioning in the organisation
The Senior Data Researcher reports to the Manager Data & Digital.
What you will be doing
As a Sr. Data Researcher you are amongst others responsible for:
- Maintaining and extending the current website tagging and tracking framework and integrating our current data platforms with other (data) sources;
- Ensures systematic digital data collection in programmes and for the organization as a whole, incl. monitoring data quality and safety
- Advising on data privacy and thinking about the right procedures regarding data, from a technical perspective;
- Creating and designing new methods for data analysis in close collaboration with the PMEL team
- Coordinating the collaboration between the teams of Data, Programmes, Digital and IT.
- Supporting the data team with setting up the right data infrastructure;
- Being pro-active and providing suggestions for innovation related to data collection, analysis and use;
- Creating periodical and ad-hoc reports, visualizing and presenting data insights and conclusions in a structured way to internal stakeholders.
What you need to have
Your pro-active way of working, in which you are a real team player makes you a true valued colleague to work with. Besides this, you have a hands-on mentality, are pragmatic, accurate and have excellent planning and coordination skills.
You also have:
- Preferably a Masters’ degree in a relevant field;
- 5 years’ relevant experience within international development
- Experience with web analytics and social media analytics tools, like Google Analytics;
- Experience with tag management tools and tag implementation, like Google Tag Manager;
- Good understanding of Data privacy rules & legislation (GDPR);
- Excellent (intercultural) communication skills, both verbally and in writing;
- Fluent in English
- Experience or understanding of social change through (digital) media is a plus.
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing several countries, working both in Hilversum and in our focus countries. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality work. You also get to work in an office with a great green space right up against a national forest. The Hilversum Media Park train station is less than a 15-minute walk. We offer a one-year contract based on 36 hours per week. The position has a competitive compensation & benefits package aligned with the sector.
How to apply?
You can express your interest in this position by completing the application on our website before the 15th of September. Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered. If we appoint a suitable candidate before closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and if you have not yet heard from us, your application remains active.
Acquisition is not appreciated.