We are currently recruiting for the position of
The Hague (36 hours)
About the Role
Oxfam Novib aspires to be an organization where employees feel supported and challenged to make the best possible contribution to our mission: a just world without poverty. As Rewards Specialist you will be the custodian of all compensation and benefit matters for staff of Oxfam Novib. You will have the leading role in providing advice, guidance and recommendations on reward matters ensuring consistency of approach with policy and process both in The Hague and EA country offices. For the Hague Office, this will entail maintaining the Collective Labour Agreement (CLA) in close collaboration with the Director of Finance and Operations and for the country offices close collaboration with the Oxfam International Rewards Shared Service to ensure consistency of rewards across the confederation. You will be responsible for grading of positions internally for Oxfam Novib based on our job description handbook and collaborate with the Reward Shared service in the grading of international positions. You will oversee the payroll function and ensure value for money from external providers of benefits.
Generic Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical expertise and insight on their thematic area of expertise, reward.
- Support in the areas of expertise, both in the Hague and in the countries where Oxfam Novib is EA.
- Liaise with the respective Oxfam International Global Reward Shared Services (RSS).
- Develop and maintain strategies, policies and procedures in specific areas of expertise.
- Share knowledge and expertise with HR colleagues, providing capacity building on specific area of expertise to Oxfam Novib colleagues as required.
- Provide HR analytics on area of expertise.
- Develop and manage own budget whenever appropriate.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for the reward aspects of the CLA, and co-responsible with the HR and Staff Bureau Manager for the negotiations with the Union around the CLA.
- Work closely with the Global Rewards Shared Services on all aspects of reward that will ultimately affect employees of Oxfam Novib, including national pay reviews.
- Sign off on all salary and reward offers made by the HR Business Partners (HRBP’s), and where needed hold consultations with the recruiting manager on complex salary offers.
- Responsible for the proper grading of the positions in accordance to our job description handbook.
- Line manage the Payroll Officer and provide quality control over that process.
- Provide support to the countries where Oxfam Novib is EA during the process of annual pay review (APR), in collaboration with the Global RSS. Provide training on the APR process to HR colleagues in the Hague office and the country offices.
- Be the first point of contact with specific Service Providers (such as Pension, and Medical), and recommending changes for sign off to the HR and Staff Bureau manager,
- Be responsible for the resolution of requests for Exceptional Pay Increases, working with the respective HRBP and line manager.
- Provide clarity and oversight to international staff regarding their benefits and taxation,
- Work directly with OI RSS, linking with both the Manager HR and Staff bureau and the Union, on the implementation and shaping of the Global Reward Project ensuring compliance of Oxfam Novib with Dutch labour laws and the laws of EA countries.
- Work closely with other members of the HR team in issues concerning reward, such as statutory pensionable age.
- Oversee the validating, reconciling and sharing payroll related financial data with the Quality, Finance and control Unit.
Requirements for the job
- have a university degree, with post graduate qualification in area of expertise;
- have over 6 years’ experience in a similar reward position, in a complex international environment, preferably in the INGO sector;
- keep up to date with latest developments in your field.
- are fluent in English;
- are willing and able to travel and work outside the Netherlands;
- have financial skills in accordance to budgeting;
- have a good understanding of Dutch labour law, as it concerns aspects of reward such as pension, taxes, social securities, national and international
- have excellent financial skills;
- are pro-active;
- are able to work with minimal supervision and in addition as part of a team;
- are a strategic thinker who is able to influence;
- take decision easily;
- are cultural sensitive.
Oxfam Novib is committed to providing you with a competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. This position is classified in scale 10. The gross salary range is between € 3.101,– to € 4.772,– on the basis of 36 hours per week. The position will be based in The Hague, The Netherlands.
Applicants for this contract must be Dutch nationals or nationals of a European Union member State or have a valid work permit for the European Union.
More information and application procedure
If you are interested, please upload your application letter and CV in English via the ‘apply’ button below, no later than July 24, 2019.
For more information about the position, you can contact Canny Geyer at Canny.Geyer@oxfamnovib.nl
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization. Therefore, people of all gender identities, sexes, sexual orientations, races, colours, religions, cultures, abilities, etc. are eligible for this position.
Oxfam aims to attract great talent that not only fits the job but also Oxfam’s high standard of values and principles, who shares and demonstrates Oxfam’s commitment to prevent and eradicate any type of misconduct including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, any other type of misuse of power or lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks, or integrity screenings/references relating to misconduct and disciplinary actions in prior employment
Acquisition on the occasion of this vacancy is not appreciated.