What is STIP?
Seafood Trade Intelligence Portal (STIP) is a startup company, owned by Solidaridad Network. STIP develops online intelligence products which increase transparency in the seafood sector. By doing so STIP is able to broker partnerships for investments in sustainable seafood supply chains. As our company is expanding rapidly we are looking for an enthusiastic intern with a background in or affinity for international development, social geography, and sustainable fisheries/aquaculture.
What will you do?
The intern will be working closely together with the team. As an intern you will have a wide range of activities, supporting the team with various tasks, including:
- Creating and updating the social and economic background of our seafood sourcing countries and accompanying seafood sectors.
- Desk research of the aquaculture and the fisheries sectors and industry in various African, Asian and South American countries. The focus of this research is on describing the current socio-economic and institutional context of the various countries with regards to their aquaculture/ fishery production. Research includes statistics, supply chain dynamics from inputs up to exports, and production systems/capture methods for various sectors.
- Writing for our Shrimptails magazine
- Database management of our seafood importer and exporter database.
The intern should have the following skills:
- Good researching and analytical skills
- Being able to read, write and report in English
- Good written communication skills
- Able to work independently
- Have a hands-on approach
- Available for at least 4 months, for 28 to 32 hours a week.
- Must be registered as a student at a university
Other preferable skills:
- Experience with WordPress
- Research experience in the aquaculture and/or seafood sector in developing countries
What do we offer
Opportunity to work together with ambitious colleagues to set up a social enterprise. The opportunity to take on a serious role in a small team. A great learning environment to build up your working experience.
Office location: Utrecht
Please submit your application letter and CV before 25-01-2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further questions please contact Sander Visch email@example.com or +31 6 180 57 120.