Description of the Unit
Within this framework the Program Support and Impact Unit aims to support this mission by enhancing program and project quality through technical support mainly delivered to country teams. This Unit is composed by 6 teams: Impact Measurement & Knowledge Team, Information Management Team, Country Relation Management Team, Strategic partnership Program, Knowledge HUB Governance and Citizenship, and Program Quality Support Team.
Oxfam Novib is looking for a Project Management Specialist (influencing projects) to join the Program Quality Support Team. The main goal of this position is to provide technical support to partners and Oxfam country teams that are implementing influencing work through projects (lobbying, public campaigning, media work, policy analysis, research, etc.) across the country and region (with linkages to regional and international agendas and movements). This means the job requires someone who is strong as an expert influencer, as senior project manager of multi-stakeholder projects, and as facilitator/trainer, combining all those skills to provide overall capacity building support.
• Supports the development, delivery, and monitoring of influencing projects by hands on support, coaching and/or training that strengthen both, influencing and management capacities of country office staff and local civil society organizations; enhancing the jointly creation and implementation of multi-stakeholder influencing projects (e.g. co-write proposals, facilitate the process of building the Theory of Change / influencing strategy -including digital-, stakeholder and power analysis, defining assumptions and assessing risks, developing a logframe, project setting up, team coordination, bid management, consortium management, contract management, risk management).
• Provides technical support for building partnerships and networks and similar efforts that enable partners and Oxfam country teams in achieving their influencing ambitions.
• Develop/diversify learning methodologies, including Training of Trainers and other alternative ways of learning and capacity development using both online and offline opportunities
• Contributes to the development/improvement of procedures, tools and standards related to the management of influencing projects, that support the shifting role of Oxfam Novib from a grant manager to an influencing stakeholder in balanced partnerships with local civil society.
• Helps to develop and promote an explicit culture of learning and accountability to improve quality of influencing programs and projects.
• Are In possession of at least a HBO (Bachelor) degree in a relevant field with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position in different countries within international development organizations and/or (global) networks;
• Experience and proven track record on influencing program/project development based on Theory of Change methodology and its translation into a logframe and project proposals; on management the implementation of multi-partners projects, on partnership approach and on different donor’s compliances.
• Proven experience in coordinating and operationalisation of complex teams or projects with substantial budget, with a variety of stakeholders in one or more challenging locations;
• Prior experience leading and developing networks/alliances around influencing preferably on regional issues.
• Experience with integrating cross cutting issues such gender, civic space and conflict sensitivity in the influencing work Experience in working in countries with shrinking civic space, including West-Africa is a pre.
• Have proven facilitation/coaching skills and are able to actively engage and create a participatory learning environment in different cultural settings or geographically dispersed teams
• Have an excellent command of English & French both written and spoken.
• Are willing and able to travel on short notice to different countries, including conflict areas and/or if work demands, ready to be seconded for 3 months.
Oxfam Novib is committed to providing you with a competitive, fair, and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. The position is classified in scale 9. The gross salary range is between € 2.782,00 and € 4.280,00 on the basis of 36 hours per week.
More information and application procedure
Are you interested? Please submit your application via the ‘apply’‘apply’‘apply’ button and include your motivation letter and CV. Your application must be received by September 25, 2019 at the latest.
For more information about the position you can contact Liliana Ruiz, Coordinator of Program Quality Support Team, Liliana.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be Nationals of an European Union member State or have a valid work permit for the European Union. Oxfam Novib is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates (m/f) from a diverse background.
Oxfam aims to attract great talent that not only fits the job but also Oxfam’s high standard of values and principles, who shares and demonstrates Oxfam’s commitment to prevent and eradicate any type of misconduct including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, any other type of misuse of power or lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, and adults. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks, or integrity screenings/references relating to misconduct and disciplinary actions in prior employment
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization. Therefore, people of all gender identities, sexes, sexual orientations, races, colours, religions, cultures, abilities, etc. are eligible for this position.