RNW Media is an international NGO and centre of expertise that builds digital communities for social change. We use online media to engage young people (15-30 years old) on sensitive and often-taboo subjects – from love, sex and relationships to civic participation. Through our platforms, young people get comprehensive science- and rights-based information and a safe space to focus on their aspirations and engage in constructive dialogue about what really matters to them.
RNW Media is looking for a:
Projects Coordinator – Great Lakes Africa
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
Vacancy number: 19-047
As our Projects Coordinator, you work in a fast-changing and international environment. You support the realization of RNW Medias project objectives in Great Lakes Africa region. You are responsible for coordination and handling of all organisational and administrative matters, including necessary implementation activities according to planning, budget and quality requirements.
Being hands-on, are accurate, impact-driven and having excellent planning and organisational skills defines you.
Positioning in the organisation
The Projects Coordinator – Great Lakes Africa is for now a temporary position for 6 months within our Programmes & Implementation team, with the possibility to extend depending on grant-extension. You report to the Regional Manager responsible for the sub-saharan Africa region (s), with whom you work closely.
What will your responsibilities be?
As Project Coordinator- Great Lakes Africa you are, among other things, responsible for:
- Acting as first point of contact and liaison for stakeholders (internal and external) with regard to the planning, organisational issues and implementation processes of RNW Media’s projects;
- Coordinating and monitoring strategic project planning including budgeting;
- Supporting the country teams with the implementation of RNW Media’s projects;
- Identifying needs and wishes and translating these into solutions;
- Analysing, documenting and processing of lessons learned, which you use to further develop our projects within Great Lakes Africa;
- Documenting the project approaches, objectives, processes and keeping them up-to-date;
- Monitoring the progress and deadlines of outstanding activities, identifying (potential) problems and acting upon them;
What are the job requirements?
Our desired new colleague has:
- 3 to 5 years’ relevant experience within international development including working with international teams, alliances and/or networks;
- Project management skills and experience;
- Preferable a Master’s degree in a relevant field;
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written;
- Fluency in English and French.
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing a variety of countries, working both in Hilversum and in our focus countries. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality work. You also get to work in an office with a great green space right up against a national forest. The Hilversum Media Park train station is less than a 15-minute walk. We offer a 6 months contract based on 32 hours per week. The position has a competitive compensation and benefits package aligned with the sector.
How to apply?
You can express your interest in this position by completing the application form before 13 December 2019. Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered. If we appoint a suitable candidate before closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and if you have not yet heard from us, your application remains active.
Acquisition is not appreciated.