Who we are
We are CARE Nederland, part of CARE, an international development organization active in more than 90 countries. Originating from American food aid to Europe after the Second World War, we have been committed for 75 years to those who need it most. CARE strives for a world without poverty. We are committed to equal rights and fair distribution of wealth. We work in the most difficult places in the world. For the poorest, the most affected, the least heard. Together with local partners and communities, we save lives and ensure sustainable change. We do this by, among other things, providing emergency aid, facilitating female entrepreneurship and encouraging public participation in decision-making. We also make communities resilient against the effects of climate change and natural disasters. Our approach is pragmatic and tailor made. And that works.
CARE Nederland works with Project Teams. Within the Project Teams, the Programme Officers are responsible for the overall management of the projects. The Project Controllers (PC) are responsible for good financial management of the projects.
As a PC, you will be responsible for budgeting, monitoring and reporting of your own project portfolio (+/- 20 million euros). You know the story behind the figures and advise the Project team on all budget issues. You signal and investigate changes proactively and work closely with Finance and project managers to manage the overall finances well. Of course, you will ensure that the financial procedures/donor rules are respected. You also formulate the financial policy frameworks for the CNL programs and projects and ensure the generation of financial management information.
The PC will act on the following areas:
- Budget development (project proposal) and financial management (projects)
- In coordination with assigned Country Offices (CO) and in consultation with the Project/Program Manager from financial perspective be involved in the development of project proposals for donors.
- Carries out risk analyses of country offices and evaluates financial management and results for this purpose.
- Ultimately responsible for financial management of project budgets up to and including final reports for the assigned portfolio.
- Ensures proper preparation, guidance and settlement of external audits, executed in The Netherlands and overseas.
- Supervises budget and liquidity of own project portfolio. Carries out final checks on financial closures and prepares for administrative processing.
- Indicates consequences of (changed) donor rules for the entire project portfolio and ensures compliance. Provide training and share knowledge within CARE NL and local country offices if necessary.
- Coordinates with the Project/Program Managers and higher management of CARE NL and local country offices.
- Develops knowledge in the field of donor rules (EU / ECHO / BUZA), ensures compliance with these donor rules and acts as a prompter for the organization.
- Responsible for capacity building and other support of country offices in such a way that the country offices themselves manage the programs financially and meet (donor) reporting requirements.
- Indicates, on the basis of identified need, support and training at country offices in the area of financial affairs and donor rules, agreements and procedures.
- Carries out project audits and takes care of follow-up. Provides systematic analysis and tracking of audit results with the aim of achieving quality improvement.
We are looking for a candidate that meets the following qualifications:
- BA required, MA preferred in lieu of degree, 5+ years of relevant experience in a business or accounting direction.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of at least 3 years in the field of financial management and project management.
- Good knowledge of and experience with international donors (EC, ECHO, BUZA).
- Excellent knowledge of English, both verbally and in writing; and one or more other languages (French or Spanish).
- Proactive attitude and willing to further develop knowledge and expertise in this field.
- Knowledge of and experience with contract managementCARE has a zero tolerance toward sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse and takes seriously all concerns and complaints about sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse involving CARE Employees and Related Personnel
- An interesting position where taking initiative is stimulated.
- 7-8 Months contract with possible extension.
- A gross monthly salary based on BBRA scale 10 (EUR 2.833,02 – EUR 4.553,56), classification depends on relevant working experience.
- Informal organization.
- International work environment in which you work with colleagues from different backgrounds to achieve the goals of CARE Nederland.
- Open work culture characterized by an informal lunch group, weekly joint coffee moments and annual staff outings.
- Location in the bustling heart of The Hague Interested?
- For more information, please contact Gijs Marsman (email@example.com), Manager Finance & Control.
- We are looking forward to receiving your motivation (1 A4) and resume via the link mentioned below, before 25 November, 2019.
Please apply: https://cvselection.net/project-controller-fulltime
- An EU work permit is required
- We may contact applicants before the closing date
- For further information on CARE Nederland, visit our website: www.carenederland.org
- In case internal and external candidates have equal experience and qualifications, we will proceed with the internal candidate
Acquisition with regard to this advertisement is not appreciated.