Fairfood envisions a world where everyone enjoys eating good food. A world in which the people who produce our food can live in dignity and in which food is being produced with respect for the planet.
It is our mission to accelerate the change towards a sustainable food system. Our organisation is optimistic, pragmatic, innovative and informal, with a healthy dose of idealism.
Founded in the year 2000, Fairfood offers innovative solutions that enable agri-food companies to improve their responsible business practices. Open and attainable solutions that are designed to democratise the world of food. We actively engage all value chain actors involved, aiming to contribute to the socio-economic prosperity of smallholder farmers and food workers. Fairfood invests in partnerships to jointly realise a sustainable food system.
Your work consists of...
Your main objective will be to keep sustainable development and innovation aligned in the coming years. You are responsible for successfully running and growing the projects and operations unit of Fairfood. You develop new business strategies contributing to the overall objectives and strategy of Fairfood and create new partnerships. You lead partner negotiations, coordinate effective and timely inputs of team members as well as partners, and prepare technical and financial proposals for submission.
- Programme management: development and implementation of multi-stakeholder projects, risk & impact assessments, project & stakeholder management, evaluation & reporting, co-creating new solutions together with our team of researchers and developers.
- Business development: create new alliances and long-term partnerships with companies, governments, NGO’s and knowledge institutes. Reaching out to current and new donors. Coalition building and proposal writing.
- Organisational development: a team coordinator with operational excellence in project management, tooling and effective ways of working for the Fairfood organisation.
- Knowledge sharing: Lobby and advocacy through round tables, presentations and actively engaging in networking events amongst others.
Your work contributes to...
- International agri-food companies improving interaction with and transparency of their value chains
- International agri-food companies improving their responsible business conduct from origin to the finished product
- Farmer groups and cooperatives getting better access to information, markets and finance
- Chain actors being advised about interventions that ensure inclusion and engagement of farmers and workers
- You are a well-rounded and solution-driven professional, passionate about food and ‘technology for good’
- You excel in management of value chain innovation projects and have the ambition to manage more and larger projects in the years to come. You like connecting people and organisations to achieve ambitious goals
- You have extensive experience in programme and project management, technological innovation and smallholder farmers and workers inclusion in the context of international trade
- You feel comfortable with working in a small organisation and with leading multidisciplinary teams while creating new initiatives and partnerships
- You are driven by challenges, and by the idea of solving problems through creative solutions and innovations
- You have a strong academic background in agriculture, innovation, sustainability and trade
- You have 10 years progressive experience, proven leadership qualities and excellent management skills
- You have experience in working with project management methods, such as Agile, Scrum, LEAN
- Full professional fluency in English required; Dutch and French are an asset
- You like to work in a small, dynamic team of professionals in an informal setting
- You are based in or around Amsterdam, available for 32-36 hours/week and ready to travel
We offer a market conform salary based on experience. For any questions about this vacancy, please contact Sander de Jong: +31 6 11 92 92 47, firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates are invited to apply before the 3rd of February. Please send your CV and cover letter (max 2 pages) to email@example.com.
Recruitment agencies are asked to refrain from approaching Fairfood about this or any other vacancy.