Working for IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative you get things done at scale. For the benefit of people, planet and profit. We help to accelerate and upscale sustainability within mainstream international and regional commodity markets and producer landscapes, aiming at no less than sustainable market transformation. For more information, visit our website: www.idhtrade.org.
To facilitate further growth of IDH we are looking for a:
Program Officer Learning and Innovation
‘Business minded with a focus on gender equality & empowerment’
Learning and innovation
Mainstreaming of sustainable trade requires companies, civil society and government to innovate together, develop new business models and forge new supply chain collaborations. The IDH Learning & Innovation Team supports this transformation drive by organizing strategic research, prototyping innovations, and promoting learning with the program partners. We collect knowledge and best practice, we design innovations, we initiate research into critical challenges, and we develop metrics for performance management and strategic decision-making.
As Program Officer Learning and Innovation you are responsible for supporting IDH’s innovation agenda on gender equality & empowerment. You are part of the IDH Learning and Innovation team based in Utrecht and you will report to the Impact Lead on gender equality & empowerment. We envision 80% of the workload to be dedicated to overall support to the IDH gender equality & empowerment impact theme. The remaining 20% of the workload is to be dedicated to a practical experience and to further integrate gender into the IDH landscape or program interventions.
Support innovation agenda on gender equality & empowerment
• Support the design of an innovation agenda together with the key IDH programs (sector & landscape programs) and key external partners (standards, private sector players, government organizations, civil society organizations, etc.) to drive IDH’s strategy on gender;
• Coordinate actions across IDH programs and facilitate the sharing of knowledge and lessons learnt internally;
• Support the design and lead research projects that can support the activities of the programs and measuring impact of these interventions;
• Support the development of a capacity building plan for IDH staff to further built knowledge on gender in relevant aspects of our work.
Support IDH thought-leadership on gender equality & empowerment
• Support the convening of key stakeholders in the gender arena;
• Develop relevant knowledge networks and manage relationships with sector experts, consultants, academia and thought leaders;
• Share knowledge from the organization through events and congresses, and document lessons, innovations and best practices for dissemination to the outside world;
• Contribute to the wider development of the IDH Learning and Innovation Program.
• Support the impact theme with research, reporting, administration and logistics;
• Develop internal and external communication material and messaging in collaboration with the IDH communication manager.
• Working and thinking at Master degree level;
• 5 years of relevant working experience, in a role as consultant or practitioner, in a private sector context;
• Experience in tackling social issues across supply chains from the private sector perspective;
• Experience in project management & (financial) administration & project budgeting;
• Knowledge of gender issues in value chains and sustainable development;
• Knowledge and expertise of international trade and supply chains, corporate sustainability, voluntary sustainable standards;
• Strong communication and presentation skills at multiple levels (corporate, academic, public sector and commercial level);
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
• Pro-active-, service- and detail-oriented, analytical, structured and business minded;
• Highly flexible, able to take initiative and work independently;
• Organized and ability to have a helicopter view of what need to be done at which time.
IDH offers a challenging position within an international and fast-growing organization. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. This is a full-time position (40 hours p/w), initially for one year, with the intention to extend. We offer a gross monthly salary between 3000-3300 euro (based on 40 hours per week) and solid fringe benefits, including a good pension scheme.
For questions about this position, please contact Judith Fraats, Impact Lead gender equality & empowerment, +31 (0)6 14393413.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply (motivation letter and 2-page resume in English) by using the following hyperlink: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/129522/apply
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by 28 April 2019. Candidates are based in the Netherlands or should have permission to work in the Netherlands.
Is this not your dream job? Sharing this vacancy with your network is highly appreciated.
IDH is committed to a diverse workforce that is representative, at all our job levels.