IDH is a dynamic and demanding organization of about 200 staff members and consultants at the HQ in Utrecht, the Netherlands and hubs in South America, Asia and Africa.
To support these developments IDH is recruiting a:Because of the growth of the organization, IDH is recruiting a high-potential:
based in Utrecht
IDH co-invests together with multiple companies and governments in projects that improve sustainable production of (e.g.) coffee, tea, cocoa in producing countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Flawless program accountancy and a rigid financial administration is the backbone of our work. As a program accountant you will be responsible for providing (financial) information to program teams on the basis of exact administration, accounting and reporting, while ensuring internal controls are executed. You will be part of a multicultural, strong and stable team of professionals.
We hope you are a bright and organized team player that can execute assignments quickly, is structured, flexible and accurate. It is easy for you to keep an overview and prioritize when required. You have a background in financial accounting and learn fast. You have 0 to 3 work experience in a similar position.
Overall financial responsibility for designated program areas:
- Make sure incoming invoices, funding contracts and letters of assignment, related to the programs for which you are responsible, are booked correct and timely in ProActive and Exact;
- Regularly updates the administration and the program dashboards regarding forecasts, including pipeline and leads;
- Ensures correct financial accounting of the programs, prepares monthly closing and reconciliations (Exact and Program Dashboard) and provides (data required for the management) reporting;
- Assess financial reports and audit statements received from partner organizations and will follow up on the findings of such;
- Responsible for a well-structured documentation of the financial program administration as input for the (annual) audit files;
- Make sure outgoing invoices towards (private) partners, related to their contribution to the programs, are send in time;
- Provide good Accounts Receivable management, to make sure invoices towards (private) partners, related to their contribution to the programs, do get paid in time.
- Working and thinking at least at Bachelor level with a qualification in financial accounting;
- 0-3 years of work experience, preferably in a similar organization;
- Experience with MS Excel and Exact Globe (desirable);
- Fluent in English and preferably Dutch.
- Analytical with an eye for detail;
- Organized and accurate;
- Planning, organizing and coordination skills;
- Proactive, entrepreneurial and independent;
- Practical, results oriented, hands-on mentality;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Organizational awareness and committed;
- Fast learner.
IDH offers a dynamic international environment and an enthusiastic and passionate team. The position is for 32-40 hours per week. We offer a competitive monthly salary that conforms with the sector and solid fringe benefits, including a good pension scheme.
For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhsustainabletrade.com. For questions about this position, please contact Wim Hartog, at +31(0)611417895 or Hartog@idhtrade.org.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply (motivation letter and 2-page resume in English) by using the following hyperlink: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/124106/apply
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by 28 February 2019. Candidates are based in the Netherlands or should have permission to work in the Netherlands.