RNW Media is an international organisation that builds digital communities for social change. We use online media to engage young people (15-30 years old) on sensitive and often-taboo subjects – from love, sex and relationships to civic participation. Through our platforms, young people get comprehensive science- and rights-based information and a safe space to focus on their aspirations and engage in constructive dialogue about what really matters to them.
The millions of young people who visit our platforms and engage with us and each other, provide us with important insights on the issues that matter to them and the needs they have. Our PMEL team collaborates with country teams and strategic partners to analyse these insights and bring the evidence of young people’s views and needs to the attention of decision- and opinion-makers. PMEL stands for Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning.
RNW Media is looking for a:
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
Vacancy number: 19-044
As our Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (PMEL) Officer you work in a fast-changing and international environment. You support the PMEL team in measuring and proving the impact of RNW Media’s Programmes.
Positioning in the organisation
The PMEL Officer is a new position within the Programmes & Implementation department. RNW Media aims to employ two new colleagues. You will report to the PMEL Manager. You work closely with PMEL and Data Specialists within your team and RNW Media’s training centre (RNTC).
What will your responsibilities be?
As a PMEL Officer you will be expected to:
- Support the analysis and aggregation of data for reporting and learning purposes;
- Help draft baseline(s), mid-term (s) and end of project evaluation(s) and surveys;
- Prepare internal and external reports;
- Assist the PMEL team in aligning measurement needs throughout RNW Media with PMEL cycles:
- Analyse pre and post training surveys for RNW Media’s training centre (RNTC);
- Take care of general PMEL administration.
What are the job requirements?
Your pro-active way of working, by means of which you are a real team player, makes you a truly valued colleague. Besides this, you have a hands-on mentality, pragmatic, pro-active, open-minded and accurate.
You also have:
- A Bachelors’ Degree in a relevant field;
- About 2 years’ relevant experience with monitoring and evaluation of international programmes;
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative (digital) research methods;
- Experience with data analytics, data science and/or data processing through R is an asset;
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing;
- Fluent in English and preferably in French Arabic or Chinese;
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing several countries, working both in Hilversum and in our focus countries. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality work. You also get to work in an office with a great green space right up against a national forest. The Hilversum Media Park train station is less than a 15-minute walk. We offer a one-year contract based on 36 hours per week. The position has a competitive compensation and benefits package aligned with the sector.
How to apply?
You can express your interest in this position by completing the application form before 29th of November. Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered. Applications will be processed as they come in so if we appoint a suitable candidate before closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and if you have not yet heard from us, your application remains active.
Acquisition is not appreciated.