RNW Media is an international organisation that builds digital communities for social change. We use online media to engage young people (15-30 years old) on sensitive and often-taboo subjects – from love, sex and relationships to civic participation. Through our platforms, young people get comprehensive science- and rights-based information and a safe space to focus on their aspirations and engage in constructive dialogue about what really matters to them.
RNW Media is looking for a:
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
Vacancy number: 19-040
As our Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (PMEL) Manager, you work in a fast-changing and international environment. You are responsible for measuring the impact of RNW Media’s programmes using data collection, research, analysis and learning. You are pragmatic, pro-active, impact-driven and open minded.
Positioning in the organisation
The PMEL Manager is a position within the Programmes & Implementation department and manages the PMEL team, consisting of PMEL Specialists, Data experts. You will report to the Director of Digital Programmes. You work closely with the Digital Manager, Programme Managers and Regional Managers.
What you will be doing
As a PMEL Manager you are, among other things, responsible for:
- Translating RNW Media’s strategic and programmatic direction and objectives into PMEL (multi-year) plans, goals, and policies;
- Developing, setting-up and overseeing the implementation, execution, maintenance and/or management of PMEL processes, methodologies, tools and systems. Herewith you ensure effective information management, data collection, analysis and reporting to demonstrate the progress and impact of RNW Media’s programmes;
- Overseeing the collection of data in the different online platforms and supporting in its analyses and use;
- Setting up a strategic learning agenda for RNW Media’s programmes;
- Overseeing and ensuring the design, implementation and realisation of baseline(s), mid-term(s) and end of project evaluation(s), surveys and other components of the PMEL system;
What you need to have
Your pro-active way of working, by means of which you are a real team player, makes you a truly valued colleague. Besides this, you have a hands-on mentality, are persuasive, accurate and have excellent planning and organisational skills.
You also have:
- Preferably a Masters’ degree in international development (social sciences, information sciences), (development) economics or related;
- At least 7 years of professional experience in planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning (PMEL) in an international development context preferably with SRHR and Human Rights/Democracy programmes
- Knowledge of and experience with qualitative and quantitative (digital) research methods.
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written;
- Experience of working with external consultants, researchers, academics, and strategic partners; and
- Fluency in English, Knowledge of Arabic, Chinese or French is considered an asset
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing several countries, working both in Hilversum and in our focus countries. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality work. You also get to work in an office with a great green space right up against a national forest. The Hilversum Media Park train station is less than a 15-minute walk. We offer a one-year contract based on 36 hours per week. The position has a competitive compensation and benefits package aligned with the sector.
How to apply?
On behalf of RNW Media NGO recruit is responsible for the selection procedure. You can express your interest in this position by sending your CV and motivation letter to Dela Atubra (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 15th of September. Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered. Applications will be processed as they come in so if we appoint a suitable candidate before closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and if you have not yet heard from us, your application remains active.
Acquisition is not appreciated.