- Lead on the development and adoption of an effective MEL framework and resultant systems and tools across IWPR’s programmes, media outputs, and work, building on existing systems and developing new ones as appropriate.
- Lead on capacity building and training in MEL best practice, tools and techniques, providing technical support and contextually relevant capacity building to programme staff and partners as required.
- Improve and increase the identification and use of evidence to inform learning and strategic adaptations across the organisation. Share learning and insights from the data with programme staff and senior management teams on a regular basis. Draw out narrative reports and stories from field programmes to contribute to IWPR communications/outreach.
- Undertake project-specific MEL work such as reformulating a project’s logical framework, coordinating a mid-term evaluation of a project or improving accountability to communities and stakeholders.
- Continue to refine and improve reporting against Programme Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Principle responsibility for the management of mid-term and end-of-project evaluations in collaboration with the Programme Managers.
- Contribute to the development of high-quality funding applications, with a particular focus on the design of the project theory of change, monitoring frameworks, log frames and other MEL components of proposals.
- Ensure that collection and storage of MEL data is compliant with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), IWPR data protection and safeguarding policies.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Degree level education in a relevant field.
- Minimum five years of experience in qualitative and quantitative social research, ideally within international NGOs. In-depth experience in data collection, statistical analysis and reporting, including computer-based statistical packages and databases.
- In-depth knowledge of USG, UK, EU and other donor requirements. Knowledge of academic best practices for MEL, and a good critical grasp of the latest thinking in the sector, tools, codes, standards and practice.
- Proven successful experience in the design and implementation of MEL systems and tools in an international non-governmental organization (NGO) or relevant environment.
- Substantial experience developing, implementing, and supporting a range of MEL systems and tools with communities and implementing partners and building partners’ capacity in such systems and tools.
- Experience designing and delivering evaluations of complex development programmes
- Significant experience collating, analysing and presenting evidence using statistical and wideanalyses.
- Experience working in media development and/or media for development (preferred)
- Advanced computer literacy in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and applications relevant to MEL
- Experience contributing to new business proposals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish and maintain productive relationships at all levels and ensure clear, effective communication with colleagues and partners.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally as required.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Principals only. No calls please. Only those who have been considered for an interview will be contacted. IWPR is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.
Interested? Go to https://iwpr.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=135