The ‘Work: No Child’s Business’ (WNCB) program at Hivos Global Office seeks qualified candidates for the position of:
Vacancy name: MEAL expert
Region: The Netherlands
Office: Global Office, The Hague
Number of hours: 32 hours per week
Deadline: Friday December 13, 2019
The MEAL expert will be a member of the Program Management Unit (PMU) under the leadership of a Program Manager, being based at the Hivos Global Office in the Netherlands. The PMU is responsible for the day-to-day management of the WNCB program. The PMU will guarantee upstream and downstream accountability and oversight and will provide frameworks and guidelines for coherence and strategic direction. It will ensure local to global linking and learning, and branding and positioning globally.
WNCB is funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The program kicked off in July 2019 and will run until end of June 2024. The impact that the Alliance aims to achieve with this program is that children and youth are free from child labor and enjoy their right to quality education and (future) decent work.
WNCB is designed to contribute to concerted global efforts to end all forms of child labor by 2025. The program is developed in close collaboration with our implementing offices and partners in:
Côte d’Ivoire, India, Jordan, Mali, Uganda and Viet Nam. The Alliance will address the root causes of child labor and its pervasive impact on children, youth, their families and communities. We will adopt an area-based approach, working from the bottom up with all relevant stakeholders to remove key barriers to the elimination of child labor and to the protection and fulfilment of child rights. The Alliance will also implement a supply chain approach to bring about change in sectors with a high incidence of child labor in: gold/mining; garments, textiles & footwear; natural stones; cocoa; and informal and/or domestic work.
- Formulation of a ToR for the MEAL working group. The ToR should include clear roles and responsibilities and required time investment of working group members.
- Leading the MEAL Working group, consisting of representatives of each of the three Alliance partners
- Developing a MEAL plan, together with the MEAL working group, country leads and other stakeholders
- Establishing and coordinating a MEAL mechanism for the Alliance, incl. KPIs and MEAL reporting formats for the overall programme in close collaboration with the Country Offices, including the countries of implementation and the activities in the Netherlands and at international level
- Planning and management of the baseline surveys, annual reports, mid-term reviews and final evaluation
- Identifying and setting up new tools for data collection, and managing and ensuring training of all relevant partners in close collaboration with Alliance partners
- Align, set-up and training with MEAL staff of all Alliance Partners
- Monitoring progress and flag obstacles and delays, and seeking measures to overcome them for the goals and results to be achieved
- Identify opportunities for improvement, extract lessons learned, and encourage linking and learning across and between sectors, countries and organizations to improve programming and effectively feed advocacy efforts in collaboration with the Linking and Learning Coordinator
- Contribute to donor reporting through compilation of annual reports and complying to IATI requirements
- Network with other international and national agencies and with different sectors and companies on MEAL
- Act as contact person for day-to-day support to coalition partners in countries on MEAL issues
Profile of MEAL Expert
Senior M&E officer with at least 5 years of experience in setting up and managing MEAL mechanisms in the field of international development cooperation, preferably in the field of child labor.
- Excellent English communication skills and working knowledge of French is required, and working knowledge of Dutch is an advantage.
- At least 5 years’ work experience in multi-stakeholder initiatives.
- Strong motivation to contribute to the impact that the Alliance aims to achieve.
- Affinity with child rights. Knowledge of child labor is an asset
- Excellent writing and organizational skills.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field.
The MEAL Expert will be responsible for ensuring the timely formulation and compilation of the following high quality products:
- M&E Guidelines including KPIs, MEAL protocols and proposed tools for data collection
- Inception Report including M&E plan, reporting formats
- Baseline Report(s)
- Annual Reports
- Mid Term Evaluation
- Final Report
- End Evaluation
The Program Steering Committee will provide final approval on the above mentioned products.
What we offer
We offer a stimulating work environment in a professional international organization with very dedicated staff. Employment is offered per March 2020, for the period of one year.
Depending on your experience and skills your salary will be at Hivos scale 12, with a minimum of
€ 3,379.61 and a maximum of € 4,604.47 gross per month, based on a 32-hour work week. Travel costs are compensated in accordance with Hivos Regulations. We offer participation in the pension fund.
Hivos is an international organization that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Counterbalance alone, however, is not enough. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organizations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies.
How to apply
Please apply before Friday December 13, 2019. Both a letter of motivation and resume need to be submitted in English to Hivos via e-mail to email@example.com with reference code 300-42 in the subject. Interviews with the selected candidates will be scheduled at the week of December 16, 2019.
For more information contact Sofie Ovaa firstname.lastname@example.org
We may close the procedure before this date if we receive many applications and/or have found the matching candidate.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.