The CSER department consists of several functional units that have responsibilities in terms of program and partnership management, business development, fundraising activities, communication and monitoring & evaluation.
About the position
The Lobby and Policy Advisor:
- Is responsible for the corporate lobby and advocacy strategy; lobbies towards the Dutch government, political parties, private sector partners, EU and other relevant decision makers for their main program goals: strengthen food and nutrition security of smallholders and their households, and economic empowerment of smallholders and SMEs;
- Contributes to the implementation of the Civic Engagement Alliance program (lobby and advocacy Strategic Partnership with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs). The advisor plays an active role in the lobby in the Netherlands and at international level (EU in particular);
- Contributes to the lobby agenda of the cooperative PerspActive (focusing on youth employability), of which ICCO is one of the members;
- Provides advice to the Executive Board and regional offices for lobby and advocacy;
- Manages and develops corporate partnerships of ICCO with the Dutch ministry of Foreign Affairs, different public and private sector parties and important corporate (global) networks and organizations (e.g. ACT Alliance and ACT EU, Partos, MVO Platform, VBDO/Human, etc.).
Knowledge and experience
The Lobby and Policy Advisor:
- Is a solid discussion partner for government and political actors, donors, private sector partners and corporate partnerships and has a good sense for lobby, advocacy and fundraising opportunities;
- Has a master’s degree in a relevant specialism (e.g. development studies, political or international studies) and at least 5 years of working experience on a strategic level in the field of development cooperation and in lobby. Is demonstrably able to translate important external global and Dutch developments to profound strategic advice to the organization;
- Has an entrepreneurial attitude with strong networking skills, is capable to extend current networks and develop new contacts in different branches and sectors;
- Experience in the theme of Responsible Business is a pre;
- Has an extensive network inside and outside the NGO sector and in
- political The Hague and Brussels;
- Is fluent in English, Dutch and preferably also in French or Spanish. The candidate is able to communicate complex issues in a brief and to-the-point manner;
- Is able to deal with (cultural) differences in order to play a bridging role between global stakeholders and the regional offices;
- Has affinity with the protestant character of the organization and is sensitive towards the various views on this issue within our Alliance and partnerships.
What we offer
We offer a challenging new position in a working area that is rapidly and constantly changing. The position is graded in salary scale 11 of the ICCO Terms of Employment (min. € 2.883 and max. € 4.655 gross salary per month, excl. 8% holiday allowance and 8,3% end of year allowance, based on a 36-hour work week. The Lobby and Policy Advisor will travel regularly to our Regional Offices. A medical check will be part of the procedure.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and a written application to firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday January 23rd . To the attention of Marjolein Wiersum and please mention ‘Lobby and Advocacy Advisor at ICCO’ in the subject title.