Both ENDS strives for a sustainable, social and just world by working with organisations in the Global South that are active in the field of poverty reduction and environmental sustainability. Both ENDS facilitates policy discussions between policy-makers and civil society organisations from regions and countries in the Global South that face the consequences of these policies. This results in critical viewpoints on prevailing forms of environmental management and poverty reduction, and leads to sustainable and innovative practices and policies. Our relationship with our partners is based on equality and is characterised by the exchange of information, fundraising, joint research, advocacy, and mutual capacity building.
Both ENDS is a professional, internationally operating organisation with a staff of 40, financed by non-governmental and governmental organisations.
The work of the Junior Programme Officer consists of:
- Maintaining working relationships with partner organisations in Central America: mutual capacity building, knowledge exchange, developing case studies, connecting local to global, networking and alliance building, dialogue with policy-makers, project and contract management.
- Maintaining and deepening relationships with partner organisations with the aim of identifying and implementing joint strategic agendas;
Issues Both ENDS is working on with Central American partners are:
Themes: Sustainable land use, agro commodities and, extractives and water management;
With specific attention for: women’s rights, financial flows – International Financial Institutions (IFI) and, Civic Space and (Environmental) Human Rights Defenders;
- Management of Both ENDS’ contribution to a programme focusing on the Amazon region in Brazil, Ecuador and Peru. This programme is a cooperation among 11 organisations, institutions and research institutes.
Knowledge, skills and competences – your profile:
- Experience in working with civil society organisations in Latin America;
- Familiar with the culture and political context of Latin America – working experience with CSOs in (one or more of) the following countries is an advantage: Nicaragua, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Brazil, Peru, Ecuador);
- Being able to think and work at an academic level with a pragmatic result-oriented focus;
- Knowledge of and experience with sustainable development and women’s rights;
- Experience with project and programme management;
- Excellent writing and expression skills in Dutch, English and Spanish (an extra language, Portuguese or French, is an advantage)
- Capacity to bring ideas and people together, effectively identify opportunities and obstacles, recognise relevant information and turn problems into opportunities and results;
- Availability to travel several times a year (e.g. 4 to 6 times a year);
- Team-player who is searching for cooperation and cross-fertilisation;
- Able to work in a team as well as independently;
- Well structured and a good planner;
- Flexible in the area of deploying competencies and expertise. If necessary, the tasks can change geographically or thematically depending on the personnel capacity needs in the organisation;
- Networker and connector skills with helicopter view.
Both ENDS offers:
- An internationally oriented, dynamic and informal working environment;
- A pleasant and professional team of colleagues who put great store in working together;
- Personal supervision;
- A contract for 12 months, with prospects for extension;
- If necessary for Both ENDS, in time there may be a possibility to extend hours*;
- Good secondary terms of employment, including a premium-free pension;
- A workplace in the heart of Amsterdam.
More information on the organisation may be found on www.bothends.org.
We value different backgrounds and cultures in our organisation. Both ENDS works together with the Expertise Center for Diversity: www.echo-net.nl
How to apply?
Please submit your application as soon as possible and by Wednesday 6 March at the latest. You can send your letter of application, in Dutch, together with your CV, by e-mail to HR Manager Anneroos Goudsmit at email@example.com
The application procedure comprises three rounds. The selection includes a writing task and giving a presentation. We will also ask for references. The first round of interviews is planned for Thursday 14 March.
After the selection procedure has been completed, your data will be deleted.