JUNIOR KNOWLEDGE AND LEARNING SPECIALIST
The Hague – 32–36 hours
5 months (maternity leave coverage)
1st of June until 1st of November 2019
Oxfam Novib is looking for a Knowledge and Learning Specialist who brokers knowledge and coordinates and facilitates learning and accountability processes across the organization in The Hague, with country offices and local partners and beyond.
The Program Support and Impact (PSI) unit enhances program quality, measures and assesses impact of program/projects, supports the methodological capacity building of staff and partners and secures alignment between Oxfam Novib program goals, country programs and Oxfam’s strategic goals to achieve Oxfam’s mission. The Team Information Management (TIM) is part of the Program Support & Impact Unit. The team is responsible for information and knowledge management, transparency and institutional memory. TIM aims to facilitate learning by sharing lessons, expertise and information. We bridge academia and practice, for instance by hosting the Oxfam Novib Academy, where we give 25 students per year the chance to develop themselves and contribute to Oxfam Novib’s programs through an internship. TIM engages with IATI and its community, assures our daily IATI publication and manages ATLAS to facilitate Oxfam data availability and use. We are also the custodian of Oxfam Novib memory, archive and history.
What you’ll be doing:
- You coordinate the Oxfam Novib Academy; our internship program;
- You will mentor the intern supporting the Oxfam Novib Academy’s administrative tasks;
- You will support the organization of the Linking and Learning Week;
- You will coordinate between various ‘knowledge holders’ and will be a driver for learning at ONL;
- You manage our relationships with academic partners and our network;
- You will support the development of learning materials and knowledge products in a wide range of formats;
- You will work closely with our impact measurement specialists, MEL colleagues, researchers and project leaders located in other teams, units or country offices.
- You will develop reports within the policy cycle.
What can Oxfam Novib offer you?
- A responsible and challenging job in which you help to fight poverty and injustice
- Excellent development opportunities
- Oxfam Novib is committed to providing you with a competitive, fair, and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. The salary range for this position is set in scale 8 with a gross salary range between € 2,509,- and € 3,859.- based on 36 hours a week.
What you’ll need:
- You are in the possession of at least a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
- You have 0 – 5 years of experience in a similar position;
- You are a good organizer;
- You are a pro-active networker;
- You are collaborative and take initiative;
- You have excellent command of English, both written and spoken. Working knowledge of Dutch would be an advantage;
- You work in a project-oriented manner and you have a strong focus on the end results.
Does this sound like you? If so, please submit your application via the ‘apply’ button and include your motivation letter and CV (in English). Your application must be received by 1 May 2019 at the latest. For more information about the position you can contact Josine Stremmelaar, email@example.com.
Please note that only applications received using the link provided can be taken into consideration.
Applicants for this contract must be Dutch nationals or a European Union member State or have a valid work permit for the European Union.
Acquisition on the occasion of this vacancy is not appreciated.
Oxfam aims to attract great talent that not only fits the job but also Oxfam’s high standard of values and principles, who shares and demonstrates Oxfam’s commitment to prevent and eradicate any type of misconduct including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, any other type of misuse of power or lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults.. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam uses, amongst others, World Check One for this purpose.