Who we are
“Local income generation and sustainable sourcing by linking producers with value added products to markets”
ProFound is a consultancy company. From its beginnings in 1990 as a pioneer in trade promotion of natural ingredients and green products, ProFound has grown into a team of seasoned experts in developing sustainable value chains for natural ingredients for food, cosmetics and health in particular.
ProFound assists companies in emerging markets to capture economic opportunities from production to market entry. We aim for local development that lasts: adding value for producers and sustaining local biodiversity.
Our value chain development services range from market and gap analysis, business planning, to rural finance and market access. We work in different regions of the world, cooperating closely with entrepreneurs, sector associations and international buyers. For us, sustainable development is a core value and a priority in doing business. This is why our services incorporate ecological and social principles.
Every year ProFound organises the Organic Africa Pavilion at the BioFach trade fair in Nuremberg, Germany, and will do so again in February 2020. Worldwide the largest organic trade fair, African exhibitors at this pavilion find new business opportunities with buyers, agents and partners. We create a quality image of African organic suppliers and their products and connect them to high-end markets. In 2019, we hosted 22 companies from 10 different countries.
The current internship offers you the possibility to help project management of our Organic Africa Pavilion, in close collaboration with ProFound’s project coordinator.
ProFound internship activities
ProFound is looking for an intern that wants to learn more and actively contribute towards international trade, development and sustainability. Key activities of this internship are:
Project management of the Organic Africa Pavilion:
- Coordination, planning and logistics
- Engaging with clients, exhibitors, external partners, suppliers, traders and buyers;
- Coordinating and executing promotional activities
- Help managing the pavilion during the trade fair (12-15 February 2020)
General Marketing communications activities, such as:
- Writing and editing website articles;
- Updating website and social media;
- Creating, distributing and improving company newsletters;
Depending on running projects, available time and your interests, you might be involved in other projects as well. Perhaps most importantly, this internship will allow you to take a look in the trade development sector and bring the knowledge acquired during your studies into practice. For more information on ProFound’s projects, please refer to our website.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (Dutch is not a must). Knowledge of additional EU languages is preferred;
- WO Bachelor or HBO degree in international business, project management, marketing and/or communication;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as you’ll be coordinating with many different parties;
- Excellent organisational and project management skills, such as accuracy, flexibility, you have a hands-on mentality;
- Proficient in social media and designing online promotion strategies;
- Not taking no for an answer;
- Proven knowledge of economics and international trade in particular;
- Proven knowledge of developing countries and development issues;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Well-motivated and flexible team-player, able to conduct dedicated tasks independently;
- Good computer skills, particularly WordPress, Mailchimp.
ProFound is looking for interns that can assist us for 5 months. You should be available for 32 hours a week. The preliminary starting date of this internship is 16 September.
You will work in a dynamic and supportive atmosphere and in a small and well-motivated team. You will have the opportunity to get an inside look and work-side-by-side with experienced professionals. A designated coach will help you to achieve your learning goals, while contributing to ProFound’s mission.
ProFound offers financial remuneration and compensates travel expenses.
If you are interested in working in our team, please send your application letter, resume and learning goals in English to Jolanda van Hal (firstname.lastname@example.org), 21 August 2019 at the latest. Interviews with pre-selected applicants will be held between 27 and 30 August. For more information, please refer to our website at www.ThisIsProFound.com or contact us at +31 (0) 302762824.