We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious intern to support the programme manager with the Geodata for Inclusive Finance and Food (G4IFF) workstream. This workstream focuses on the use of geospatial information to increase access to financial services for smallholder farmers worldwide. To promote the use of geodata, NpM organized the G4IFF Innovator’s Challenge for tech and FinTech companies in 2018. Participants were to develop geodata-based applications for FIs to facilitate the financing of smallholder farmers in emerging economies.
We are looking for someone with an interest in microfinance/ inclusive finance sector, excellent communication and organization skills. The internship will start in September 2019 for the duration of 5 to 6 months.
What you will do:
- Coordinate and support the evaluation of the three winning pilots, who won the Innovator’s Challenge in 2018;
- Assist in organizing workshops and seminars for investors;
- Support the relationship management and communication with NpM members, AgTech and FinTech companies, and other partners;
- Draft messaging and update social media channels with relevant news;
- Assist in preparing presentations, layout and design of reports;
- Assist in various organizational and practical tasks for NpM.
What we ask from you:
- Interest in inclusive finance, SME Finance, rural/agri-business and/or a related topic;
- Enjoy working in dynamic, multi-cultural environments;
- A hands-on, pro-active mentality and ability to work independently;
- Fluent in English (both verbal and written), understanding of Dutch is a plus;
- Excellent writing skills for communication purposes;
- IT skills (Office Package) and comfortable using social media (Twitter, LinkedIn);
- Enrolled at an educational institution, this is a must, and living in the Netherlands.
- Be part of a dynamic working environment;
- Meet/work with a variety of actors active in inclusive finance;
- Learn how to effectively communicate with various partners;
- Gain skills in project management with multiple stakeholders;
- Gain experience in organizing knowledge-based events;
- Gain insight in the Dutch inclusive finance sector that is represented by NpM;
- A monthly internship compensation of EUR 252,10 based on a 40-hour contract;
- Travel allowance.
Send your CV and a short letter of motivation to the NpM office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be taken into consideration until the position is filled. We expect the intern to start in September 2019.
For more information on the vacancy, you can send an email to the above email address. More general information about NpM and the Dutch inclusive finance sector can also be found on our website: http://www.inclusivefinanceplatform.nl/home .