NpM, Platform for Inclusive Finance (NpM), is the leading national platform in the inclusive finance sector worldwide. Established in 2003, the platform brings together Dutch development organisations, social investors and commercial banks active in the inclusive finance sector. Together with the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, NpM’s 15 members share a commitment to expanding access to finance in underserved regions and to anticipate the changing need in the sector to grow towards a responsible industry. The members of NpM are active in over 90 countries and have committed EUR 3.3 billion to the inclusive finance sector. NpM’s activities are directed to the contribution of the financial sector in reaching the Sustainable Development Goals.
One of NpM’s main tasks is to communicate and create awareness in and of the sector. We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious intern to support our team in various new and on-going projects, for a period of 5 to 6 months. We are looking for someone at bachelor/master level with an interest in microfinance/inclusive finance sector and excellent communication and organization skills. The internship will start in January 2018.
What you will do:
• Assist in organizing workshops and seminars for investors, take care of practical arrangements;
• Assist in organization and take care of practical arrangements for our Annual NpM Conference;
• Update website and add new content, work on social media channels;
• Write newsflashes & newsletters together with colleagues and send them out to members;
• Keep databases up to date;
• Assist in preparing presentations, layout and design of reports; and
• Taking minutes during meetings and coordinate with service providers.
What we ask from you:
• Interest in inclusive finance, SME Finance, rural/agri-business and/or a related topic;
• Enjoy working in dynamic, multi-cultural environments;
• A hands-on, pro-active mentality and ability to work independently;
• Fluent in English (both verbal and written), understanding of Dutch is a plus;
• Excellent writing skills, for communication purposes;
• IT skills (Microsoft Office Package) and comfortable using social media (Twitter, LinkedIn);
• Enrolled at an educational institution; Affinity with newsletter and design software is a plus; and
• Experience in website maintenance is desirable.
What we offer you:
• Be part of a dynamic working environment;
• Meet/work with a variety of investors active in inclusive finance;
• Learn how to effectively communicate and coordinate with various partners;
• Gain experience in organizing knowledge based events;
• Gain insight in an interesting sector that is represented by NpM;
• An internship compensation of EUR 226 per month; and
• Travel allowance.
Send your CV and a short letter of motivation to the NpM office at email@example.com, no later than Sunday January 21th, 2018. For more information on the vacancy, you can send an email to the above email address.
For more information about NpM and the Dutch inclusive finance sector can also be found on our website: http://www.inclusivefinanceplatform.nl/home.
NpM, Platform for Inclusive Finance