Oxfam Novib is looking for a student with knowledge about Campaigning & Communication in the Financial sector for the duration of 5 or 6 months (at least 3 days a week) to join the Transparent and Accountable Finance Team (Internship)
Start Date: March 2019
Oxfam Novib is a worldwide development organization. We are a proud member of Oxfam, a global confederation that has a shared commitment towards reducing poverty and striving for a just world. We are looking for students who get excited about obtaining experience on how international development cooperation works, the challenges we face and the inspirational results we see every day. Oxfam Novib is currently looking for an intern to support the Dutch Fair Finance Guide project team in the field of campaigning, communication and project management tasks.
The Dutch Fair Finance Guide (Eerlijke Geldwijzer) is a partnership of six Dutch large civil society organizations, focused on mobilizing consumers to get banking and insurance groups to make more sustainable investment choices. In doing so we want to achieve, above all, that the largest banking and insurance groups use their (financial) influence to help companies become more sustainable.
As Oxfam Novib, we are looking for students who can bring in new, up-to-date knowledge and fresh perspectives on how to obtain social change to help up strengthen the cutting-edge nature of our programs and credibility of our campaigns. For theoretical oriented internships, we expect you to assist us in systematic documentation, analysis and/or publication of our own and external data. We expect that you will translate your insights into recommendations to improve our programs and/or campaigns. For applied oriented internships, you can be asked to take up logistical, communication and administration tasks in support of the day-to-day work of your new colleagues.
During the time of the internship, we provide you with mentorship, skills workshops, and networking opportunities with practitioners in the field.
In the context of our work on the financial sector Oxfam Novib has identified the need for assistance in the area of campaigning and communication in the financial sector. Your work in this area will be focused on campaigning in relation to the financial sector.
Key deliverables tasks of the position
- Co-organizing (online) campaigns and activities
- Well-founded recommendations as to how to improve the strategies of the Fair Finance Guide Netherlands
- Developing communication and campaign materials for the Fair Finance Guide Netherlands
- Analysis of data of social media, website and campaigns and come with well-founded recommendations as to how to improve our website, social media activities and campaigns.
- Create a content plan for Facebook and Twitter: how can we increase our reach on social media
- Research on the website and social media accounts of the Fair Finance Guide Netherlands to optimize the Fair Finance Guide Netherlands website and campaigns
- are currently enrolled in a relevant higher professional education in a relevant field like communications, media and journalism etc. (In both cases you must be enrolled to apply for this internship)
- have excellent writing skills in Dutch and preferably in English
- have Online communication experience;
- are a team player, but also able to finalize tasks independently;
- are experienced with working with social media, CMS-systems and mail tools (mail chimp)
- have a Hands on mentality
- have excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
What we offer
- Mentoring and Supervision by Oxfam Novib staff
- Access to a global network of experienced staff and partners
- An opportunity to gain unique experience at an international development organization and contribute to the goal of Oxfam Novib; a just world without poverty
- A small financial compensation
- Work experience at an international NGO
How to Apply
If you are interested and want to apply for the job please send your Curriculum Vitae and
Motivational Letter using the apply button. If you need more information please contact Naziha.Tanoti@oxfamnovib.nl (we don’t process applications received by e-mail).
Applications must be received before February 20, 2019. Selected candidates will be contacted in February to schedule an interview. Interviews will take place in February.
In case you are selected you will be required to present a letter of a College and/or University lecturer who is committed to be your contact person at the University for academic guidance.
Please note that to be eligible for internships at Oxfam Novib, you need to be enrolled in a university or an educational institution for the entire duration of the internship. This is non-negotiable.
Read more about the project Eerlijke Geldwijzer: https://eerlijkegeldwijzer.nl/ and the team
Acquisition on the occasion of this vacancy is not appreciated.