International Programs Officer – 22,5 hrs – temporary replacement during sick leave
Friends of the Earth International (FoEI) is seeking an International Programs Officer for two of its international programs: Forests and Biodiversity (F&B) and Food Sovereignty (FS). The International Programs Officer will be part of a small team, led by FoEI’s International Programs Facilitator, that supports implementation of program activities and facilitates the planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning of the programs.
FoEI’s international programs engage national member groups from around the world in a variety of strategies to achieve international policy and mobilization goals. In the coming period F&B and FS program priorities include: promoting community forest management and agroecology, including within the UN Committee on World Food Security and the international processes established by the Convention on Biological Diversity; halting the financialization of nature and making the negative impacts of the agribusiness model more visible.
The programs are coordinated by International Program Coordinators (IPCs) who are based in FoE member groups around the world. Each FoEI program is overseen by a steering group made up of member group representatives from across FoEI’s geographical regions. The International Programs Officer will work closely with the IPCs and steering group members.
These programs are funded in part through the Green Livelihoods Alliance (GLA) and Fair, Green and Global Alliance (FGG), which are funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The International Programs Officer will engage in GLA and FGG processes as needed on behalf of FoEI, and engage in donor relations with other donors funding the two programs.
- Work with the IPCs to support implementation of program activities, including trainings, program meetings, development of communications materials and lobby and advocacy efforts.
- Support the process of funding for national member group work included in the program plans, including monitoring the work;
- Monitor the budget for the program activities, track expenses and follow up with IPCs, member groups, consultants and suppliers as needed;
- Support and improve the planning, monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting processes for the two programs;
- Work with the IPF, the finance team and IPCs to ensure compliance with the requirements of the program’s funders, including development of gender-focused outcomes, monitoring of program plans, and narrative reporting on program outcomes and lessons learned;
- Ensure that reporting is up-to-date in FoEI’s (internal) Information Management System and in the (external) IATI reporting tool;
- Represent FoEI in the GLA & FGG alliances and in other funding processes as relevant, including taking part in discussions and activities related to planning, reporting, evaluation and learning.
At least three years of experience in managing international or multinational projects, including experience with the planning, monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting cycles;
Affinity with the mission, vision, values and objectives of Friends of the Earth International, as well as with a theory of change that includes movement building strategies as well as advocacy strategies;
Excellent strategic thinking and planning skills, with experience in applying these in a complex and shifting international context;
Strong interpersonal, inter-cultural and organizational skills;
Proven writing skills; ability to summarize and distribute information quickly and succinctly;
Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines;
Ability to work in collaborative decision-making processes in a global, decentralized environment and to manage and prioritize a variety of key initiatives concurrently;
Experience working on lobby and advocacy campaigns and movement building tactics and strategies focused on environmental or social justice objectives (including addressing gender inequalities) would be an advantage;
Excellent English language skills; fluency in Spanish or French would be a strong advantage. Ability to work in Dutch would also be an advantage.
What FoEI offers:
– We offer an opportunity to contribute to a better world and work with an inspiring international and culturally diverse network in an office with a small friendly team at a great location in Amsterdam.
– Full time salary between € 3,046 and € 3,475 monthly depending on experience and qualifications.
– Contract duration: temporary sick leave replacement, initially for a maximum up to 6 months depending on the course of reintegration.
– Participation in collective pension arrangement compulsory.
Please send your letter with motivation and CV before 16 August 2019 to Willie Meester, HR Officer.
E-mail: email@example.com with ”International Programs Officer” in the subject field.
The interviews will be held in the week of 19 August 2019.
Friends of the Earth International is an equal opportunities employer and committed to building a culturally diverse staff. We encourage applications from people currently under represented in the environmental justice movement, and particularly in senior positions, including: women; people of any ethnic, social and religious background; lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people; people living with disability.