|All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here.
Oxfam aims to attract great talent that not only fits the job but also Oxfam’s high standard of values and principles, who shares and demonstrates Oxfam’s commitment to prevent and eradicate any type of misconduct including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, any other type of misuse of power or lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults.. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam uses, amongst others, World Check One for this purpose.
The department Quality, Finance & Control (QFC) at Oxfam Novib is currently looking for an: Internal Auditor
About the Team
The Internal Audit Team carries out internal audits at Oxfam Novib’s country offices and field offices in Africa, Asia, and MENA, as well as at its main office in The Hague. Besides its assurance services, the Team performs consulting services to assist management in meeting its objectives; examples may include training, process design, and counsel with regard to statutory audits and audits from other external regulators.
What you will be doing:
- Audit operations, processes and programmes against international (accounting) standards, contractual obligations, donor requirements and our policies, procedures and practices;
- The programmes are global and multi-country and across different thematic areas (i.e. food, land and water; gender and youth; governance and financial flows; conflict and fragility)
- Audit Oxfam Novib’s country operations, programmes and projects in Asia, Africa and the MENA region;
- Apply audit procedures to obtain, analyse, and evaluate audit evidence;
- Write objective, concise, and constructive (audit) reports, memos, and recommendations and present and communicate audit findings clearly and timely to key stakeholders both internally and externally;
- Support responsible members of staff in preparing and conducting (partner) risk assessments and control self-assessments;
- Advise and support management and other responsible members of staff with regard to improving and maintaining governance, risk management and internal control frameworks based on audit findings;
- Advise and support management and other responsible members of staff with regard to understanding and following up on (internal and external) audit requirements;
- Design and deliver skills training to management and other responsible members of staff with regard to risk management and internal control frameworks;
- Lend support to anti-corruption and safeguarding departments.
What you will need:
- Minimum of three years of experience in a similar position;
- Knowledge of and experience with governance, risk management, and control processes.
- Bachelor (HBO) degree in accountancy, economics, business management or an equivalent level of knowledge and expertise through work experience;
- Attention to detail;
- Balances diplomacy with assertiveness;
- Listens actively and communicates clearly;
- Is sensitive to other cultures and demonstrates respect for others;
- A high level of professional ethics;
- Has an excellent command of the English language and preferably a reasonable command of the French language.
- Availability to travel at least four times a year for a period of one to two weeks.
What we offer you:
Oxfam Novib is committed to providing you with a competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. The salary for this position ranges from € 2.719,- to € 4.183,- (Scale 9) based on 36 hours a week.
Please apply at the latest on 31 March, 2019 by clicking on the ‘apply‘ button. For more information about this position you can contact Frans van Midde, Acting Coordinator Internal Audit & Anti-Corruption at email@example.com. Only applications using the link are considered.
Only nationals from a EU Member State and/or who have a valid work permit for the European Union are requested to apply.
Acquisition on the occasion of this vacancy is not appreciated.