Refugee children need structure, stability and safety. War Child, Save the Children and UNICEF Netherlands are aware, from years of global experience, of the importance in accessing preventive care through supportive activities for children. Hence, for this project they joined efforts and resources to collaborate on developing the TeamUp intervention. TeamUp offers structured movement-based activities for children age 6 up to 17 to learn how to deal with their emotions. The skills they gain from the activities are linked to social emotional themes and can be of use in their daily life. The activities are provided by trained facilitators.
As the intern TeamUp you will work at the office of War Child (in Amsterdam) and be part of the TeamUp team within the International Programmes department. You will support the Operations Support Officer TeamUp in the preparation and execution of a range of project activities and logistical operations for TeamUp (with a focus on organizational and administrative support).
· Support the Operations Support Officer and Volunteer Coordinators to maintain contact with the facilitators and to keep track of the essential administration of volunteers (VOG, contracts, insurance).
· Opportunities to support the team with research (for example a literature study about the participation of teenagers, program development or analyses of data sets)
· Assist in timely arranging internal and external meetings, conferences, including logistics
· Support the organization of various events (for example, the Facilitators Day)
· Process data content management system (CMS).
· You are a Bachelor (final year) or Master student (for example International Development, Anthropology, Psychology or Pedagogy)
· You are enrolled as a student in one of the Dutch educational institutions throughout the duration of internship
· Affinity with the asylum / refugee situation in Europe is a plus
· Advanced computer skills in all Office applications.
· Knowledge of internal processes and administrative organization.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in Dutch and English
· Ability to build, sustain and foster relationships
· Problem solving skills, ad hoc can-do mentality
· Available for 24–40 hours per week for at least 6 months starting in September 2019
War Child is a young and dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace in Amsterdam.
How to apply
We are looking for an Intern TeamUp who will join the TeamUp team, from September 2019 for a period of at least 6 months, 3-5 days per week. If you become an intern with us, you can count on an interesting internship where you will have the opportunity to learn a lot. Of course you will get guidance, but also freedom to work out your ideas.
You will receive an internship allowance of € 200, – gross per month, based on 40 hours per week. Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply before 1st of August 2019. Make sure to upload your English CV (maximum of two pages) and motivation letter using this link: https://warchild.onlinevacatures.nl/en/Vacancy/Postulate/136009
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.
•Only applications received via our website will be processed.
•If we appoint a suitable consultant before the given closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time will not be processed.
•It could be that during our selection process, the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and you have not yet heard from us, your application will remain live.