ActionAid is a global federation working in more than 45 countries for a world free from poverty and injustice. We want to see a just, fair and sustainable world, in which everybody enjoys the right to a life of dignity, and freedom from poverty and oppression. Together with our partners around the world we work on issues related to (women’s) land rights, extractives, tax evasion and climate justice. We lobby in both our partner countries abroad and in the Netherlands towards the private sector, policy makers and politicians to improve policies and governance. ActionAid Netherlands has around 20 employees and a number of enthusiastic volunteers.
To support us with documentation of programme outcomes, monitoring and evaluation, and broader programme activities, ActionAid is looking for an:
Intern Programmes Department
32 Hrs/week, depending on availability
Start in February 2020, for 5 or 6 months
We offer an opportunity for students to learn more about the work of ActionAid in the Global South. The internship will give you an insight in relations with partners and donors, project management cycles, and the broader work environment of an international NGO both internally and externally. You will have the opportunity to decide what processes or activities you would like to focus on, and you will get the guidance to improve and enlarge your knowledge on International Development.
Some activities you can contribute to and learn about:
- Coordinate the development of a publication for the Fair, Green and Global programme with cases from the eight implementing ActionAid countries (collect information, be the contact point for countries and for the writers, etc.)
- Document programme outcomes in for example stories of change or quick wins
- Support in the organization of an annual programme meeting
- Support the Programmes team in preparing reports to the donors
- Support communications and campaigns departments in adapting content from the programmes for their specific needs (for example for social media)
We are looking for a student who:
- Is a master’s student in an International Development related area, not yet graduated
- Has knowledge of or interest in at least one of the thematic issues mentioned above
- Is fluent/proficient in English (both spoken and written)
- Has experience with developing countries through internships or travel
- Has good writing skills
- Easily connects with people (also over email and Skype)
- Is structured, proactive and independent
- Is supported by an internship supervisor from a university
- An opportunity to be involved in a broad variety of activities and learn about the sector while working in an international development organization
- An internship fee of 250 euros per month (based on 32 hours per week)
- Travel expenses reimbursed from train station to train station
- Opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in an international organization, and build your network in the Netherlands and abroad
- Opportunity to work on your personal learning goals (to be agreed)
Apply now or more information?
Are you interested? Please send your motivation letter and CV by e-mail before 22 December to Iris Frequin, HR Advisor (vacature[at]actionaid.org). For more information about the content of the internship, please contact Linda Velzeboer: 020 520 6210 or Linda.Velzeboer@actionaid.org.
Interviews will take place in the week of 6 January. If we find suitable candidates before the deadline, interviews will start earlier.