Solidaridad is a global civil society organization that provides solutions for sustainable production practices across different supply chains. Our mission is to bring together supply chain players and engage them with innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all. Solidaridad is an international network organization consisting of eight regional expertise centres located around the world (Asia, Southern Africa, East and Central Africa, West Africa, South America, Central America, North America and Europe), each with their own specific expertise and focus.
Improving and deepening partnerships with institutional donors is high in the agenda of the Donor Relations (DR) team in Europe.
The DR strategy is based on three pillars:
- To diversify and increase income from new and existing institutional donors and foundations
- To manage grants and partnerships with new and existing donors to the highest standards
- To cooperate and partner successfully with other RECs around fundraising and grant management
This internship is geared towards providing hands on support for various activities of the DR team and thus offers a practical on the job working experience in an ever changing and fast moving international organization. If desired the position will also focus on a learning or research plan developed together with the intern and in close cooperation with the associated knowledge Institute.
To support the Donor Relations team with institutional fundraising activities
- Support with intelligence building: research of potential donors, scanning websites, calls, etc.
- Support with analysis and summary of calls for proposals
- Support with developing a proposition pipeline (includes ideas, rejected proposals, etc)
- Support with maintaining fundraising opportunity reports (e.g. request or calls for proposals) in our Management Information System – PLAZA
- Support with maintaining track records along EU format (1 page table format describing a project or programme)
- Support with development and ongoing maintenance of a Global ‘Call for Proposals’ Calendar
- Support during proposal development, with; admin work, research, textual inputs/edits, minutes of meetings (where required)
- To learn about the inner workings of a modern global and networked development organisation
- To learn about fundraising processes within the Solidaridad network
- To increase understanding of how donors work, think, and make their decisions
- To learn about programmes focussing on sustainable supply chains and support to farmer, miners and workers
- A specific research assignment in relation to the education the intern is following can be proposed (1 day own research – 4 days internship tasks)
Period: 6 months (min 24 – max 36 hours per week)
Start date: As soon as Possible is a Pre
You are inspired by the job and responsibilities as described above, and you recognize yourself in the following:
- Following a Masters degree in development studies, international relations, or business related
- Affinity with the vision and mission of Solidaridad
- Skills in processing information and summarizing it in short papers
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Service-oriented, proactive and team player
- Pragmatic, flexible and autonomous
- Ability to connect and work with people from all backgrounds and cultures
- Professional fluency in English
- Meets Deadlines
- Experience in developing beautiful presentations or graphic materials is a plus
- Support in development of your learning or research plan;
- Onboarding, support and coaching to enable you to learn;
- A unique and challenging internship within an inspiring and international setting;
- A 6-month contract, an internship compensation and compensation of travel costs;
- A working space in our inspiring office in Utrecht, The Netherlands.
Travel required: Primarily Solidaridad office, incidental travel to external meetings in NL. No international travel.
Do you recognize yourself in the candidate profile? Then please send your one-page motivation letter and two-page resume in English, before Monday the 6th of May, to firstname.lastname@example.org, and state “Application: Intern DR” in the subject header. If you already have ideas about what you would like to learn or research during your internship at Solidaridad Europe, please indicate this in your motivation letter. Also indicate clearly when you could start.
Questions can be addressed to email@example.com or by phone to Tim Diphoorn (+31 (0)30 272 03 13). No agencies please.
For more information about Solidaridad please refer to http://www.solidaridadnetwork.org